Chapter 21 - Friends growing up at Gifted Academy

Chapter 21 – Friends growing up at Gifted Academy

            Giselle walked out of class hastily when the bell finally rung. She stood standing in the front of the building wondering If she should go to her dorm or not. Today had to be the most confusing and weird day of her life.

            She wanted to ask Sir Frank a million questions once the class ended but he basically threw in her face that she was nothing special. Leaving as soon as the bell rang was decided, especially since she didn't want people to know it was her he was talking about.

            Some glanced at her thoughtfully as they passed. Others whispered or completely ignored her existence. Being unseen had Giselle at ease. She actually thought she got away at the perfect time keeping the little she knew about herself a secret.

            Until Clea and the boy who sat next to Giselle stopped right in front of her.

            "He was talking about you, wasn't he?" Clea asked.

            "Why does it matter?"

            "I told you she wouldn't say anything Lucas." Clea muttered. "This was a waste of oxygen."

            Clea was ready to turn around, her curly hair turning in the wind. Giselle wondered how close she and Isaac were but didn't have time to think when she realized Lucas standing there not following Clea at all.

            "You are Gabrielle's daughter?" Lucas asked his grey eyes resting on her wide. His tan skin was almost glowing in the little sunlight that the cold cloudy sky was giving off.

            Clea posted there looking annoyed while crossing her arms.

            "You look just like her." Lucas muttered. "You should be proud to be her child, I know nothing about your father but they were amazing people."

            Giselle sighed. "How can I be proud of not knowing who I am, I never even met them."

            Lucas glanced at the floor and then at Clea.

            "It should humble you." Clea spoke. "Learn from it, it might be tough but don't let it weaken you."

            Lucas nodded to agree. "She's right, no wonder we're cousins."

            Clea smirked. "I'm still smarter than you."

            Lucas shrugged before his body began to fade. Giselle glanced his way in confusion as he slowly dimmed until nothing was there. Bewildered Giselle put her arm through the space he was standing, to realize he was gone, completely. It was different from Jasmine, when jasmine dimmed you could see the air moving as she traveled but this was different.

            "He can travel through the atmosphere." Clea muttered.

            "How?"

            "It's his gift." Clea said. "Our family custom, we focus on a place we want to go and show up there."

            "My gift seems so ordinary compared to yours."

            Clea gave her a slight smile before allowing it to slowly vanish. She glanced at Giselle's neck and then looked up at her startled. Hey eye brows came together in confusion as she said "Nice necklace" and then disappeared as well, leaving Giselle standing there alone. Giselle touched her neck to remember Isaac's jewel was there. After what happened she didn't even think about taking it off.