(Book Two) Chapter 5 - A New Proposition

I've been writing a lot lately. I know its been two months since I updated. Hopefully this will satisfy some of your needs. Vote, Comment and Enjoy!! 

_______________________________________________________

Chapter 5 – A New Proposition 

“Hate to cut this beautiful puppy love mellow drama short but –”

Giselle quickly looked up only to see blonde hair and red eyes. Her stomach flipped, urging her to look away. But almost instantly, as if it was a reflex, she jumped up. 

“Viero!” She yelled, her arms coming around him. The last time she saw Viero was before she left the academy. It had been ages since she saw her vampire friend. She wasn’t even sure if that’s what she could call him. All she knew was that she owed him a hug. 

Awkwardly, Viero hugged back smiling to himself. He glanced at Jonah cooly who happened to be rolling his eyes. “Ya know, if you hug me for too long your boyfriend might get jealous.” 

Giselle pulled away. “Who? Jonah? He’s not my boyfriend. He’s –

“Just a friend.” Jonah stifled a bitter laugh before muttering. “Always just a friend.” 

“Cute.” Viero smirked. 

Giselle shrugged. 

“Can we talk?” Viero prodded on.

“Sure.” 

“Privately.” 

Giselle crossed her arms. “Seriously? What could it possibly be that Jonah cant hear?” 

Viero stared deeply into Giselles green eyes. He smiled slightly before glancing at the wall behind him. “What if I told you that it isn’t impossible to bring back the dead?”

Jonah chuckled. “Ha! What an idiot. I’m out of here. That’s enough charmed for one day. 

“Says the warlock.” Giselle replied with a smirk. 

Viero sighed. “I’m being serious.” 

“Why would we bring back the dead anyway?” Giselle shrugged. “I mean, people die for a reason. It just sounds messy and gross.” 

“What if I told you that you could bring your friend back? That kid who died in Cromin…”

“Zach?”

Viero nodded. 

Giselle stared at him, bewildered. 

“What if I told you, there is a way to bring your mother back?”

Giselle’s throat began to close, tears formed in her eyes before she opened her mouth to speak. “But why? Why would you even want to do that?”

Viero shrugged.

“You’re not allowed to do that.” Jonah added. “Bringing back the dead is against school policy and Zeptoria policy.” 

“So?” Viero questioned. 

“So… you’re a vampire. You couldn’t do it anyway.” Jonah shrugged. “Plus you’re already a minority here, so you’re already on thin ice.” 

“What did you just call me?” Viero pushed forward, moving passed Giselle. His anger began to peak a mile per minute. Jonah smirked causing Viero to be the more annoyed. He cocked his arm back, ready to land a blow right on Jonah’s face. He, however, was entirely too slow. A clear figure had begun to appear out of thin air. It halted right before him in the knick of time.