𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟓 - Hogsmead Pt.2

The day out in Hogsmead was a pleasant one, having Draco not be there meant that all of us could go wherever we wanted without someone groaning about not wanting to. We even got to check out the cute little shop that I recommended we try, and just as the reviews said, it was indeed one that I would be returning too.

Although a few times I spotted Riddle lurking around the shady spots of Hogsmead, whether that was an alley way or the back of a building; it was weird to say the least. Everyday the guy was getting more mysterious and annoying, how irritating.

His evident cliches making me want to gag, every slytherin girl that I pasted was talking about how hot he was or how he probably had a heart of good under all that guard he had. The thought making me feel as though they thought he was someone from a romance novel, everyone now days wanting to be a miss fix it. Pretty sure I've seen a few boys drooling over him, even pulling the boys now; he's only been here for two days and is already peeking everyone's interest.

Not going to lie that I was curious about him at first, but now I see how annoying he can be; my mind has been changed.

"Hey Y/n?" Enzo interrupted my thoughts as the group had already walked a good distance away from where I was standing.

"Hm? Oh, sorry bout that." I chuckled at myself for being so distracted, Enzo smiling sweetly like he always did.

"No problem, you do that every so often. Which brings me to ask, what's on your mind Hm?" We started walking back to Hogwarts as Enzo picked at my brain, we had a close friendship and talked quite often so I didn't mind.

"Just been seeing that Riddle guy lurking around some sketch places, just thought it was rather odd." I shrugged my shoulder while scanning the area around us to see if he was around, Enzo grinning at me as I did so.

"You sure do pay attention to him don't you?"

"Yeah- wait what? What's that supposed to mean?" I furrow my eyebrows at him as he raised his hands in defence, laughing lightly at my reaction to his observation.

"I'm just saying that you are pretty aware of when he's around, not saying anything else." Although Enzo's face told a different story from the suggestion in his eyes, I scoff at his teasing but end up with a smile on my face.

"But anyway, Pansy said you have a lot of classes with him. She said you are partners in potions?"

Enzo always liked to know how I was doing in classes, mostly because despite him playing dumb sometimes, he was still quite smart.

"Yeah, but for the love of Merlin is he slack! Just watched me do everything and had the audacity to purposely mess up the one thing he had to do just to piss me off."

"Hm sounds just like one of the books I was reading, what was the trope again? Enemies to lovers?"

"That's it, I'm leaving."

"Wait- Y/N! PLEASE I SWEAR IT WAS A JOKEEEE!" Enzo laughed while calling my name, not really attempting to run after me due to the laughter bubbling in his chest. Being friends with boys was a roller coaster, one minute they are the best people in the world and the next minute you want to strangle them to death.

I end up walking back to Hogwarts alone.

~

Sitting in Herbology, we got to do what we wanted that lesson; the hufflepuff lady saying that it was in preparation for a test but in reality she had something else to do; couldn't blame her really. Deciding that I would grab one of the textbooks and just read over a chapter that I needed to review, I started to relax.

There was a quittich match coming up soon so the players had permission to train as much as they needed within boundaries, so there were only a few people in the class. We were all generally well behaved so it wasn't a bad idea to leave us unsupervised, that was until someone walked through the greenhouse door. The dress code violations gave it away, Riddle had decided to come to class. It had been a full week since the last time I actually had a conversation with the guy, aside from the occasional chat in Potions which was minimal. I hadn't been bothered at all, it was nice.

Hopefully today was a continuation of that peace.

"Hey grumpy." And never mind.

Riddle took the empty seat next to mine with that resting smirk he always had on his face, there goes my one quiet class of the day.

"There are so many seats, and yet you pick that one?" I look at the boy next to me, taking my eyes off the textbook for a second before returning my gaze.

"You say that as if you don't like my company." His voice raises an octave as if he was offended by my words, we both knew he was being just as sarcastic as he sounded. I sigh, placing the book down on the desk in front of me before addressing him again.

"I just think your a lot more pleasant when you aren't talking."

"Now where's the fun in that, you get annoyed far too easily."

"Says you, if I even mention daddy then you turn sour."

The little back and fourth that was going on between us ended when those words left my mouth, realising that I may have overstepped the boundary. With that comment he indeed dropped his playful grin and replaced it with an intense scowl, his teeth just barely showing.

"Seems like you keep forgetting who your talking to." The boy eyes slanted, as much as I wouldn't like to admit it, he was very intimidating when aggressive. Leaning closer to where I was sitting as if inserting his dominance further,

"If I was anything like my father, you wouldn't be sitting in Herbology right now. You would be six feet under examining the dirt in your grave."

A chill ran up my spine making the hair on my forearms stand, I had never seen voldy in person but I can swear that Mattheo resembles him even just a tad. Swallowing my built up saliva as he moved away from my seat, sitting back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest looking pissed off.

Great job Y/n, now you have a target on your back for the dark wizards son to shoot at.