𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟐𝟖 - Arrival

THIRD PERSON's POV

The train station was just as lively, if not a little more chaotic than before as new first years scrambled to get their luggage on the train before it left the station. But that wasn't of concern to Y/n as she didn't bid her father goodbye or even acknowledge them, taking Rose by the hand and leading her onto the train quickly. Walking her to her cart and hugging her sister tightly, patting her back once then twice. Y/n didn't care if Rose's friends snickered at it, because it took everything in Y/n to not cry on the spot.

It took a lot of strength for Y/n to make it toward her cart as well, almost stumbling through the tight hallways and peering into each section half heartedly. She just hoped she wouldn't see one boy staring back at her. At least not until she stapled her threads back together.

Although amongst the many carts wasn't the faces she expected to see, instead showing three students that all looked at her as she pasted. Her footsteps ceasing as the boy amongst the two girls called out to her, just like how he did last year. Although he had shorter hair and had somehow gotten taller.

"Y/n! Do you want to sit with us?" Neville faltered with his hand before placing it on her shoulder, giving her a warmer expression that was inviting to look at. Y/n flicked her eyes slowly over to Neville, then over to the rest of the people in the cart; Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood. She knew Luna, but Y/n hadn't spoken to Ginny before. Neville looked more sure of himself this year, although he still had that awkward teen boy fidget to him, the one that gushed about hundreds of plant types over a library book to her just a few months ago.

Y/n didn't feel the same.

Ginny then got up from her seat and joined Neville at the door, giving Y/n an encouraging look that mirrored that of a stranger greeting one of their new classmates or fellow workers. It was oddly compassionate in a way.

"There's plenty of space, besides theses two wouldn't stop talking about how your a natural at charms. I'd love to know your secrets."

Y/n stared at the copper headed young girl that was smiling at her, wondering if Luna and Neville actually talked about her in such an admirable way. She looked over to Luna for a moment before she nodded her head almost in a sheepish manner, Y/n suddenly feeling a little flustered by the compliment.

"Oh, uh, thank you." Neville grinned as he took Y/n's suitcase from her hand and ushered her inside, Ginny pulling her inside with her hand clasped over her own. And before Y/n could get settled into the seat beside Ginny, Luna held out a copy of the Quibbler for Y/n to read.

"Here, the front page today is quite fascinating."

Her e/c eyes ran over the front page that mentioned news of a puffskein breeding boom in a farm house that caused the outbreak to overrun the crops, apparently it was a major financial loss for the poor farmer.

"Little devils." Y/n glided her fingers over the articles as she whispered to herself, shaking her head gently with a small smile turned up on her lips. "Thank you Luna."

"I'm assuming you heard about the head master then?"

Neville perked up in conversation as he addressed his question to Y/n with a sort of pessimistic tone, Ginny crossing her arms over her chest with a cross look from the shadow over her eyes. Y/n nodding her head with a tight lipped expression.

"I did. And who else is coming with him." Her voice was strained as she glanced to the side, shifting on the train cushion.

"It's ridiculous! Harry saw Snape himself that night, and they make him the head master!" Ginny chiming in with her disgusted look and crossed arms. Luna nodded her head while looking at a slightly shocked Y/n, she didn't know that Snape was actually there.