𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟐𝟒 - Secrets

THIRD PERSON's POV

The following days went by in a blur, the minutes fading to hours as Y/n slowly fell back into her school schedule. Pansy helping her out in a few moments of weakness, the comfort and support allowing Y/n to breath after receiving the first letter from her father since the incident.

The letter was as it usually was, reminding her to report back to him about Rose's grades and how she was doing; nothing about what had happened and thankfully nothing about her absence from classes. Y/n wondered what would have happened if Atticus did know about it, shuttering as she could imagine what would be his reaction. Shaking off those bad memories and 'what if's, Y/n went about her days as normally as she could.

Having talked to Professor Snape hesitantly and coming out with a few house points lost, but surprisingly he had allowed her an extension on the potions work for Slughorn's class. Y/n would have went to talk to Slughorn about it, but he was almost impossible to find in the massive school. Not having known him long enough to know his classes aside from hers, but nonetheless, Y/n was doing the best she could.

Although, her mind was occupied with a different matter than her own mental health, a question bubbling in her brain ever since that night in the common room. Mattheo and Draco's conversation stumped her, or more specifically made her worried. A kind of worried that rooted itself deep inside someone's chest and didn't leave, a constant worrying that didn't seem to go away. And as a result, Y/n noticed things about Draco that she hadn't before. How he would disappear in the middle of the day, after classes and skip some meals, and the ones he did attend, he looked miserable.

It concerned Y/n, his out of character behaviour over powering her disdain for the boy and replaced it with worry for his health; both mental and physical.

Y/n had tried to speak with Draco after the common room debacle but every time she tried to spark conversation, he would find a way to escape the situation. She never pressed him, but he looked more gaunt with every day that passed. She wanted to arrogant daddies boy back, the one who would never shut up when whining about a minuscule issue, the one who was like himself; not whatever husk had taken it's place.

It wasn't only Draco that she noticed disappear though, Mattheo had also began vanishing occasionally at around the same times as Draco. Only fuelling her suspicions of their conversation she overheard, it didn't help when her imagination would escalate the situation remembering what Mattheo had mentioned about being thrown in Azkaban if they were caught.

But 'caught doing what?' was the question on Y/n's mind.

She had found herself walking down the empty corridors near curfew the times she would think, notice how much colder Hogwarts had become. In a way it was saddening, dawning a reality on Y/n that she was getting older, that she would graduate soon. Sure it meant that she would be free of Atticus, that she would have her freedom back and could do as she pleased; but where would she go? Who would she rely on? Y/n knew she would be lonely, without her sister, she couldn't be sure that her friends at Hogwarts, Pansy, Lorenzo, Blaise, all of them, even Theodore, would still be there after it all.

It scared her in a way. Especially if Voldemort were to attack. Would she even survive? Y/n didn't know.

Y/n knew that these thoughts would only make her mental state worse, but when else would she figure herself out? Fix things by herself and move past these fears? Y/n hated feeling scared, the unknown possibilities of the future always created a sense of dread in her stomach.

It was as Y/n was walking that she saw Mattheo up ahead, seeming to not be paying attention to his surroundings as he turned a corner into another corridor. A spark of curiosity filled her head as Y/n walked a little quicker to see where Mattheo was going, they hadn't stopped talking after the night in the common room, but it had definitely changed his attitude. Y/n slowed her walking as she approached the corridor, glancing down the mouth of the hall and spotting Mattheo speaking with Theodore in a hushed manner. Part of her expected Draco to be down there and was slightly surprised to see Theodore, but that went down the drain when Theodore made eye contact with a stopped Y/n.