𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟗 - Weasleys

THIRD PERSON's POV

The coolness of the Slytherin dungeons despite how bothersome it could be at times, brought a sense of comfort and familiarity to Y/n. Finally having found her friends after the designated school feast marking the beginning of the term. Waves of black water crash against the enchanted windows of the common room as a storm flew overhead, she couldn't help but wonder how the Ravenclaws were doing in their tower at that moment, how loud it must be. She hated loud noises.

"Did you hear? The Weasley house burnt down in the break." Enzo's voice pulled Y/n out of her lucid thoughts and gained her attention, her loose arms becoming tense as she took in the information.

"Did anyone get hurt?" She asked with concern lacing her tongue, Pansy shaking her head.

"No, but they lost everything in the house."

"Was it just the Weasley's there?"

"No, Potter was there too." Draco mutters, his eyes seemed unfocused but attentive to what they were discussing, she noticed his jaw clenching. Pansy looked down at her feet, the room's tension becoming thicker as no one said anything.

"It was death eaters wasn't it." Y/n'a voice cut through the air, the only noise echoing off the virtually empty common room. Although they weren't the only ones in the room. No one answered her immediately, she gathered it was because Harry was there that the house was attacked but it also picked at her brain that other reasoning could have been a factor in the assault.

"That doesn't matter." Theodore said with distaste, but from Y/n's perspective, it wasn't his distaste towards the death eaters but for the Weasleys. After all, they were considered blood traitors by many due to their association with Hermione Granger, a muggle born.

"How does that not matter, wake up Theodore, a war is coming." Y/n snapped at the boy, her spiralling thoughts about her family fuelling the fire that lit under her feet and questioned her ability to protect those she loved. There was a war coming, and no one was prepared for it.

"War? Please, I have nothing to worry about Hyde, you're just paranoid." Theodore scoffed, their on coming fight thickening the weight hanging over the group. Blaise tried to hush Theodore but was shut down quickly by the confrontational teenager. This conversation reaching the other end of the room where a boy sat listening, his curled hair shifting underneath his jacket hood as he turned his head to listen closer.

"Yeah because your probably a fucking death eater." Y/n stood up from her chair, her hands shaking out of disgust; of all the people in the room, of course Theodore would be a death eater.

"The fuck did you say to me?"

He too got to his feet in defiance, although Y/n didn't want to fight him this time, she was scared, overwhelmed, angry. But not with him as much as she led on, he was just an easy outlet. The Hyde family was openly defiant towards Voldemorts advances to take over the Wizarding world, creating a target on not only the parents backs but on the children as well, on Rose. Y/n knew she would struggle to protect Rose from such skilled and powerful wizards that were loyal followers of you know who. And for her parents, she didn't have much care for them anyway. If you know who's followers were attacking pure blood families now, then they were at risk, Rose was at risk and that fact made Y/n want to vomit.

"Y/n-" Pansy tried to distract Y/n from her worries but was cut off in her attempt when she walked away from the group, her body tense and mind racing as she visualised the worst possible outcomes to the news. Hurrying up the steps, Y/n strutted out the door with a new objective and someone to see. The group sat in silence after she left, no one saying anything until they dispersed to their respective rooms; the boy deciding he had heard enough and walked out the dungeon doors having an idea on where Y/n might have gone.