𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟔 - Library

THIRD PERSON's POV

"I swear Y/n, your smart arse attitude is going to kill you some day." Pansy scolded Y/n as they walked down the hall into the library, despite Pansy being the same but worse sometimes.

"I can't help it if he gets on my nerves Panny, he's just so verbally punchable!" Y/n whined to her friend, well aware that she just created a potential problem for herself.

They walked down the isles of book and into the last rows to sit and study, they were the most secluded from everyone else which was perfect for when they needed some quiet.

"Punchable or not, I wouldn't care much if it was someone else but a Riddle? What if his psycho dad comes after you or worse your entire bloodline!"

"I know I fucked up, okay! I guess I just have to lay low for a bit until mr Draco junior calms down." Y/n mumbled under her breath as she slumped down into her chair, spreading her books out onto her side of the table. Pansy tsked at her before sitting down as well, deciding to change the subject instead of staying in a tense silence.

"Well anyway, I have two exams next week and am totally unprepared for both of them so let's focus on getting me to pass." She clapped her hands together and started to flick through her textbooks and scribble stuff down on her parchment, Y/n sighing and doing the same.

A few hours go by as the two of them study with the occasional conversation or question about a certain topic, time going by surprisingly quickly compared to other study groups they have had in the past. Y/n was just glad that Theodore wasn't there this time, she always looked forward to when he would leave because his booty call was there to take him away.

Y/n chewed on the inside of her mouth before getting up out of her seat to go grab a book, telling Pansy that she would be right back; Pansy nodding her head as Y/n walked behind her. She scanned the bookshelves for the right book, reading the spines of a few words when she was close to the section she needed. Someone was there watching her look from a seat in that section, a boy with a rather unappealing plant next to him wearing red robes.

He watched as Y/n ran her fingers over the books on the shelf, tapping them as she went on and finally coming to a stop where the book should have been but was met with an empty slot. The book in question already being read by the boy in the corner.

"U-uh are you looking f-for 1000 uses for medicinal plants?" Y/n turning her head and recognising that the boy speaking to her was Neville LongBottom from her Herbology class, the other top student aside from herself.

"Ah, yes that's the one I needed but I can come back once your finished." Y/n smiled politely at the slightly awkward boy but was met with a quick almost panicked response.

"No, no! Uh I was just finished with it, you can take it." Neville reaching behind him to take the book away from the desk, Y/n noticing that the book was marked just halfway through it; obviously not done with it.

"Oh, thank you Neville. By the way," Y/n glanced at his notes, "if your having trouble with preparation questions 3 and 12, I know just the book to help with them."

Neville smiled at her offer, slightly surprised that she would offer him help. He had always noticed that she kept to herself in classes he was in with her and always had a neutral look on her face, not to mention she was in slytherin. He had to remind himself that not all slytherin's were like Draco Malfoy.

"S-sure! Thank you Y/n." Neville picked at his fingers after he handed Y/n the book, giving her a small but genuine smile before she turned around to leave. Although blocking her entrance was someone Neville was beyond terrified of, causing him to shake at his presence.

Y/n realising who it was and mentally sighing at his yet another random appearance.

"You just pop up everywhere don't you Riddle."

"It's a library, public place remember." Mattheo mocked Y/n with a sickly sweet smile on his lips, his eyes flicking to the boy behind her and returning his face to neutral.

"Oh your LongBottom right." He said as not a question but more of a confirmation to himself, an identification if you will. Neville looking down at his feet, anywhere else but the eyes of the boy in front of him. Y/n sensed the new formed ugly tension in the air and made a decision,

"Hey Nev, if you need anything, I'm just a few shelves down. Whenever your ready to pick up that book." Y/n gave him a reassuring smile and look, telling him through her body that if he was uncomfortable to just come to her; which he greatly appreciated.

"Okay, see you Y/n." He shyly waved goodbye to Y/n,

"Bye Nev." Y/n called back, walking past Mattheo as if he wasn't there at all, which at the time Y/n thought was the best way to approach the situation. But if there was one thing Mattheo Riddle hated, it was being ignored; he hated it. No matter who it was, it would never slide with him.

The boy glared down the back of Y/n's head as he stalked after her, hands being held in tighter fists than before. One of his hands reaching out to grab her forearm catching Y/n off guard, the book she was carrying almost dropping out of her hand.

"Hey, what the f-"

"Don't. ignore. me." Mattheo growled at Y/n, speaking though his teeth like a feral animal when provoked, although Y/n didn't know she had provoked him until it was too late. His grip on her forearm tight, worrying her that if he held there for too long that it would bruise.

"Take your hand off me." As much as she was scared of the boy in front of her, Y/n was not about to let anyone do that to her. She grabbed his wrist which was squeezing her forearm and trying to push it off her, staring him down as she did so. When he didn't budge, Y/n repeated herself more firmly than before.

"Mattheo, get your hand off me." Having said it a bit louder this time and being further down than before, Pansy called your name.

"Y/n? You alright?" Y/n not taking her eyes off of Mattheo's as she replied, him looking past Y/n to see if Pansy would be there.

"I'm just dandy."

And with that, Y/n pushed Mattheo's now lessened gripped hand off her arm and straightened out her sleeve. Staring Mattheo down until finally walking away and back to where she was before with Pansy, leaving Mattheo on the library hall with a hard look on his face.