𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟏 - Tower

THIRD PERSON's POV

A soft teal blue glow spreads across Y/n's bed, the morning sun shining through the black lake and into the girls dormitories. There was a golden hour where the lake wasn't its usual dark colours, but rather a beautiful crystal clear that revealed all the secrets hidden beneath the surface. The lake was one of Y/n's favourite things about being in Slytherin, they got a front row seat to see the wonders of its depths.

The glow pulling Y/n out of the light dreamless sleep she was occupying in her head, the covers moving around as Toby had also woken up that morning.
Becoming semi conscious, Y/n looked at her surroundings and saw that her roommate was still asleep. I must have missed Dinner last night. Y/n slowly gets up from her bed and stretches the tight muscles in her arms; yawning before checking the time. The time read 5:30am, noticing that the sun had risen quite early that day. Shrugging her shoulders, Y/n decided to get ready early, not to concerned about her deteriorating sleep schedule.

Slipping into a clean uniform and pulling her sweater over her head and onto her torso, trapping some warmth in her clothes to protect her from the cool temperature'd morning outside her room. Having the Slytherin common room in the dungeons and right next to the black lake, the average temperature was lower than the rest of the school; she thought it was rather ridiculous that the other common rooms were always so warm.

She slipped on her shoes and walked out with all she needed that day, taking her extension charmed bag not feeling like lugging her messenger bag around that morning. Y/n kissed Toby on the forehead before tapping his food bowl with her foot,

"It's ready for when you want it Tubs, make sure Pansy doesn't sleep in to long okay? Love you."

And with a last affectionate meow, Y/n slipped out of her dorm room and walked down the stairs to find something to do. Figuring that she would roam the school like she always did, trying to find a quiet place to stay until school hours start.

Lucky for Y/n, she had realised that Peeves stops patrolling the halls after 5am when the curfew ends, allowing her to roam without interruption or consequence, well aside from the lack of sleep segment.

The castle was so quiet in the early morning, only the occasional footsteps of professors walking to and from staff rooms to classrooms being heard. The only person you really need to avoid is Snape in the mornings, seeing as he's the definition of don't talk to me when I haven't had my morning coffee but on steroids; you better look around every corner.

The tapping of shoes was quiet calming when it was your own and only slightly anxiety ensuing when it's not, but the visuals were on a whole 'nother level.

Each wall aged with decades of history from the students in past generations, the beauty of its architecture makes walking down the halls as magical as the first time she did in her first year.

First year...

Rose...

Snap out of it. Y/n shook her head, trying to push back anything that reminded her of the letter that she stuffed in her draw; this was supposed to help clear her head.

Y/n stopped walking and turned her head to her left, recognising that she was now looking at the astronomy towers entrance. I'm already over there, huh. Deciding that she might as well go up since she had a while until breakfast, Y/n began to venture up towards the tower.

Why does this place have to have so many fucking stairs, we're magic, make us float or something!

Y/n groaned as she was halfway up the tower, realising that she would have to go back down the unnecessary amount of stairs after. Powering through the last few stairs, Y/n took a second to just breathe; taking in the abundance of fresh cool air and smiling. Peace and quiet was finally available up here, no one to disturb her.