𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟎 - Atticus

Y/n,

I have become aware of your behaviour at Hogwarts this past month from Professor Snape and to say I'm appalled is an understatement.

I am throughly disappointed to hear that you were caught sneaking around past curfew multiple time and have been interacting with the children of Death Eaters. Might I remind you that it is my name that you are tarnishing with your disgraceful behaviour, I can only imagine what people will say if they found out about your mingling with such vermin.

Your mother is growing more sickly by the day and news for your indecency is only making her worse, I expect so much more from a child your age.

I do all so much for you and this is what you repay me with? If you put another foot out of line, I'm going to stop paying for you, everything will come out of your pocket alone.

When you are finished with your exams, I expect a report of your marks immediately.

-Atticus

Y/n places the letter down on her lap when she finishes reading it, that usual despair falling over her frame; eyes glossy with fresh tears. He never wrote to her, but when he did it was bad; this time was no different. She always felt hollow when she heard from Atticus, he wasn't a father really; only a stand in for the one she never met. Hogwarts helped her relax, her friends was an aspect she was able to hide for so long; now exposed as well.

'They aren't death eaters' she would tell herself over and over again, knowing she had made the same assumption Atticus did towards the boy she tutors just earlier that day. How could she think she would get away with it? She had to know that it wouldn't be a secret forever, after all he had a way to find out everything. Amongst all the chaos created in her head, she wondered if Rose got a letter too. Wondered if she was berated just as she had just now, or if she was praised like she often was by him. She was always the favourite, ever since Y/n could remember; but she couldn't blame Rose.

Rose was just brought up that way, loved and praised for every good thing she did, pampered when something went wrong and comforted when hurt. After all she was still so young, only 11 years old; she didn't know any different. It's not her fault.

What am I doing? Is crying going to help me? Get up. Stop crying and suck it up.

Y/n wiped the flowing tears away with her Slytherin sweater, grabbing a few tissues from her side table and blowing her nose. Chucking the used tissues in the bin, noticing Toby looking up at her meowing at her side; rubbing his head against her arm. Y/n ran her hand over his head and smiled at him, getting up and chucking the letter into the top draw of her side table.

Heading to the bathroom, Y/n flicked on the light and looked in the mirror; what stared back was a very red and irritated face.

"You look so ugly when you cry, stop it before I give you something to cry about."

"Shut up" Y/n muttered under her breath, washing her face in cold water from the tap; the water creating a soothing affect on her skin. She stood there for a few seconds staring into space, her body feeling as though it would explode into nothingness; seeing that at least she couldn't feel if it did.

Shaking out of the state she was in, Y/n changed out of her uniform and into comfier clothing. Taking a baggy sage green sweater and brown shorts into the bathroom, changing and throwing her uniform into her laundry basket. Toby was close at her heals the whole time, seeming to not want to leave her on her own; Y/n didn't mind.

Leaving the bathroom, Y/n jumped onto her bed and laid still staring up at the ceiling; maybe I should sleep it off. Opening her arms, Toby lept up onto her bed and into the chest of Y/n, she then closed them to hug her cat and rolling over on her side.

If she was sleeping, then she wouldn't think about anything; getting the peace and quiet she needed.

A/n: angst my friend, oh how I have missed you