𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟐𝟔 - Changing Pt.2

THIRD PERSON's POV

"No. Let's go somewhere else."

Y/n glanced over her shoulder to see a harder look on Mattheo's face, and his hand on her upper arm. Letting go of it after a moment and turning his attention toward the corridor ahead, to the right of them. His steps swift as he began to walk toward the mouth of the side hallway with tense shoulders. A steer of confusion swirled in Y/n's head as she watched him walk, flicking her eyes between the path ahead of her and Mattheo's retreating presence.

"Hold on, where are you going?"

She called toward him as she decided to follow shortly after, her body took a sharp turn down the corridor he was retreated into. Y/n's eyebrows furrowed and her steps grew faster to catch up with Mattheo, her hand pulled his arm back to force him to slow down for her.

"What's wrong with—? Hey! Are you listening?" Mattheo slowed his pace and glanced back to her but didn't immediately answer Y/n, letting their steps fall in sync before finally speaking with a slightly strained tone.

"The tower's only good to be in when no one's around, it's still early."

He took her wrist in his hand as he pulled it from his arm, Mattheo giving her his usual smirk that looked a little forced to Y/n. She pursed her lips and continued to scale the corridor to wherever Mattheo was heading to — in the complete opposite direction of the tower.

"What? So you don't like a few others around when in the tower?" Y/n prodded with her question, tilting her head at him with creased eyebrows. She was confused by his sudden protest when normally, Mattheo preferred the tower so he could smoke without being caught. That, and he often liked booting people out of said tower when he did go during the day.

Mattheo shaking his head and rolling his eyes at her comment that came out less curiously than Y/n intended and more critical, shoving his hands in his pockets with a tight lipped smile.

"You really don't know me do you, Hyde?" He quipped with a slightly irritated laugh, looking at her from the corner of his eye. Mattheo wanting to move on and flip the attention from him back to Y/n. "The whole reason I go to the tower is to be alone, and you just happen to always ruin that for me."

"Oh yeah, sorry that you took my spot. My mistake."

She retorted back at him, Mattheo taking on a more condescending attitude that was infected with a level of arrogance he always seemed to possess. But there was always an amusement in his eye when he spoke to Y/n which always made her interpret his words as teasing.

"Exactly, it's not your spot anymore. Maybe if I'm feeling nice I'll call it our spot."

"How generous, Riddle."

He snickered at Y/n, turning his head away and continuing on walking to who knows where, not giving her any inclination on where exactly they were going. Mattheo's hands shoved in his pockets with the silhouette of a balled fists, his face covered in that amusement of getting under her skin, but looked tainted. Y/n didn't know why he did this sometimes, closing himself off completely and using his arrogance as a guise for whatever he didn't want people knowing. She thought they were past that.

"I hate it when you do that." Y/n stopped walking, letting Mattheo continue through the hall with a frown on her lips. Speaking with a more irritated tone, Y/n seeming to lack patience with him in the moment and wanting Mattheo to just talk to her without his shield.

Mattheo couldn't hear her footsteps by him as he spoke with a more strained voice, turning his head toward Y/n with pursed lips and expectant eyes, still wanting her to follow him. His mind preoccupied with getting her into the opposite end of the school, he didn't know what would happen if they saw his failure to complete his mission yet again. What they would do to her. But even when Mattheo wanted Y/n to just shut up and listen to him, he couldn't help himself from biting back at her.