𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟔 - Amortentia

THIRD PERSON's POV

Riingggg......!

Riiinngggggg.......!

A soft hand reached out from the flurry of blankets, waving itself around in the air looking for the source of the irradiating sound. Tapping the bedside table with her palm rather aggressively, a groan echoing around her blankets at the failed attempt.

Riinngggggg.....!

"Y/n..... turn it.... off.." Another voice urged Y/n to silence the alarm, her slurred words disconnected; a result from the days old hangover and lack of meaningful sleep.

"It was your idea in the first place." Y/n mumbled to her tired self as she unraveled from the abundance of blankets around her in attempt to keep out the cold. She raised her head into the stale morning air of their dorm room and silenced her alarm with the click of a button, reading the time as 6:30am.

Y/n released a sigh as she flopped her head back into her cocoon, debating with herself whether to get up now or stay in bed for the day; reminding herself that if she didn't get up now that she would be hangry all day. Begrudgingly, Y/n slapped her face in attempt to wake up faster and swung her legs off the side of her bed.

The morning air seeped through their dorm room frame, it's low temperature like needles on Y/n's skin; the desire to retreat back into the warm embrace of her blankets becoming a reasonable choice. Y/n groaned as her stomach mimicked her irritation, urging her to eat something before it ate itself.

Fine, guess I'm going to class today.

She begrudgingly stood up, taking a few seconds to adjust to the cool floor beneath her before getting dressed as usual. Since she had waken up earlier than normal today, Y/n decided to do some thinking while getting ready; clearing her head wouldn't be so bad.

For the past three days, Y/n had been doing everything in her power to avoid Mattheo. From ducking into concealed hallways when she spotted him walking towards her, to even resorting to some of the secret passages that Hogwarts had hidden behind portraits. Y/n just wanted to be able to articulate her feelings without the influence of the boy distracting her, not to mention his use of Legilimency. attempts on not only Y/n but her friends as well.

The letter of notice that Y/n had received from her father didn't help her either, telling her that she needed to check on her sister Rose because she had been having trouble with her Herbology homework as of late and Y/n needed to tutor Rose so her grades wouldn't go down. But dealing with her fathers wishes, her sisters troubles and her own issues were starting to weigh her down; so Y/n decided to prioritise for a change. But the new technique only increased her anxiety.

If Y/n was being honest with herself, part of her didn't want to be isolated when figuring things out; it made her feel like she was an outcast for feeling how she did. But if there was one thing that Y/n knew, it was that avoiding the obstacle was one of her fallback tactics to regulating her life. It was all she knew that would work. So as long as these feelings were bothering her, she would just avoid him; like the plague.

Mostly all her things were set, her bag was always packed, she was dressed in her uniform, and now that her thoughts were finished running around, she could leave. Y/n rubbed the hem of her robes as she passed her bed, rustling from below catching her attention when a ball of orange fur sat on her shoes looking up at her.

"Hello Toby, mama's going to go get herself breakfast okay? Yours is over there sweetie." He answered with his usual affectionate purr before rubbing his head against her socks and strutting away to his food and water bowls. Y/n gazed at her cat, thankful she had someone that loved her unconditionally; she had always preferred animals to people.