𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟒 - Preparation

THIRD PERSON's POV

The group of Slytherins are now seated in an empty common room at 10pm that afternoon, Y/n standing by the fire place placing her cold hands in its warm radius. Pansy drags Y/n away from the fireplace with heavy resistance from the cold girl, finally sitting her down next to Enzo who gave her a friendly smile that she could have sworn made her feel warmer.

Pansy then stood in front of the group seated in the deep emerald green couches as of giving them a ted talk or business presentation, a bright and sunny smile projecting from her face.

"We're throwing a party!"

"Since when." Theodore asked rather snarky in his daily judgey tone, Y/n rolling her eyes like she did every time he opened his mouth to speak.

"Because I said so, plus exams are over now soo why not let loose a little?" Pansy brushed off Theodore's rudeness and returning to her sales pitch,

"She has a point." Y/n agreed with Pansy, feeling like she needed a break from everything and to just get drunk as shit. Draco audibly scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest as if disobeying an adults orders.

"I'm not paying for shit this time." His anger laced the whine, flash backs of the last party they threw and the check that came with it made even his rich arse shudder.

"That's not a problem, I can pay for the alcohol and Blaise has the weed so we're covered." Enzo pitched in this time as he is also rich as fuck, a few hundred galleons on alcohol is his pocket money. Y/n found the perks of having rich friends. Enzo nodded to Blaise in agreement, the two being a kin to best friends that make poor decisions when it comes to substance abuse.

"Perfect! Oh and Y/n you can't pull out last minute this time, not a chance." Pansy pointed her finger at her best friend sternly, the last few times they threw parties Y/n had ditched last minute and would lock herself in her room to block out the drunk singing. Y/n wasn't opposed to attending this time as she felt it was needed for her to be distracted, but only had one condition.

"Fine, but I swear to Merlin, you better not pass out this time. Carrying you upstairs is a fuckin workout."
Pansy put on her 'I can't make any promises' face, Y/n squinting her eyes at the girl before shaking her head.

"Don't count on her, always kills the fun." Theodore spat condescendingly,

"Fuck you, just because I don't spend all my time fucking people-"

"Shut up with your fighting for once!" Draco hissed at the two, Y/n sticking her tongue out at at him as Theodore flipped him off. Draco pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation from the two acting like children, Pansy ignoring the little exchange and bringing everyone back to the task at hand,

"Alright so everything is covered for, I'll bring the speakers for the music and everyone get there stuff by tomorrow night so we can have it ready for Saturday!"

Everyone agreed and began going back to their dorm rooms, the plans set and date settled. Pansy taking Y/n by the arm and dragged her to their dorm room to do their late night talk.

-

"SPILL IT ALREADY!"

For the past 20 minutes Pansy had been trying to pry any information about Mattheo and Y/n's interactions as she could but unfortunately for her, being met by a very stubborn Y/n.

"THERE IS NOTHING TO TELL!" Y/n laid in her bed with a pillow stuffed into her face, the only cover from her best friend that was standing practically above her with her hands on her hips.

"Of course there is something! I have eyes Y/n and I see the way he looks at you! Something must have happened."

Pansy persisted with her inquiry, grabbing at the pillow on Y/n's face and ensued a tug of war between the two stubborn girls. Both grunting at each others unwillingness to let the pillow and the conversation go,

"Let."

"It."

"Go!"

"No! Tell me!"

A sound a kin to a lioness roaring surged from the back of Y/n's throat, her patience well ran thin and her tolerance for her best friend snapping all together. Y/n let go of the pillow, propelling Pansy backwards and onto her back as she hit the floor beneath her. A thump and yelp heard from her direction as Y/n approached Pansy, towering over her.

"I tutored him ONCE! Nothing happened aside from him being shit at Herbology! Then he so happened to catch me during my morning walk around the school and tried to intimidate me into talking about my family, okay! Now this stupid fucking feeling won't stop bothering me every second of the day and I don't know what it is! Is that good enough for your insufferable questions?!"

"Well that wasn't so hard now was it?" Pansy propped herself onto her elbows and smiled as Y/n got whatever she was holding onto, off of her chest. Y/n looked down at Pansy, a frustrated and fed up look deep in her e/c eyes.

"You've been so distracted lately, I've begun to worry about you again." She dusted her self off as she slowly stood up from her laying position, Y/n backing up to sit on the edge of her bed in a cloudy haze; she didn't like being forced to talk.

"You did all that just to get me to talk?!"

"Pretty much."

Y/n scoffed at her friend and ran her shaking fingers through her now frazzled hair.

"You know I don't like it when people do that." Pansy sat down next to Y/n and rubbed circles on her back, knowing full well that her best friend didn't like being forced to talk but also knowing that if she didn't that it would be worse.

"You wouldn't have told me otherwise, come on Y/n you have to admit that you feel even the slightest bit better after saying something."

Y/n shook her head slightly before rubbing the bridge of her nose, sighing deeply before looking her best friend in the eyes.

"You know what would make me feel even better?" Pansy's eyes lit up at Y/n's sudden positive response, her eyes lighting up and a smile tugging the corners of her lips upwards.

"What's that?" Y/n smirked as she stood up and faced Pansy,

"Getting shit-faced drunk tomorrow."