𝐂𝐇𝐏 𝟏𝟐 - Questions

"Who's Atticus?"

The silence was deafening in Y/n's ears, a slight ringing in her eardrums and a buzzing behind her eyes; the slight widening of her eyelids not slipping past Mattheo. Although the drastic change of her next expression would make Mattheo internally create theories of who this mystery guy was, of course he had thought about it before but now was different; it was confrontational.

Y/n's stare darkened, all existing mischievous glints vanished from her features and what was left was an all too familiar scowl he'd seen before.

"Shut your mouth, you know nothing Riddle."

His mouth turned up, the corners forming a charming and challenging smile; Y/n's heart picking up in speed.

"Then why not fill me in?" Y/n crossed her arms over her chest, backing up a few steps; Mattheo following her, not willing to close the space between them

"Piss off."

"You seemed pretty upset when he was mentioned."

"Stop talking."

Mattheo continued applying pressure physically by slowly stepping forward and forcing Y/n closer to the wall, as well as mentally by pressing for information. Y/n's heart felt like it was about to take flight out of her chest, her arms now touching Mattheo's chest as the space between them closed.

"Who. Is. Atticus?"

"Back up."  Y/n protested with every passing second, anxiety ripping through her body and giving every surface of skin chills. Even when her body was shivering, Y/n could feel a sweat beginning to form on the back of her neck. Mattheo wouldn't move away, finally backing her against the wall; staring down at her with intensity pooling in the enter of his eyes. Y/n cracking under the constant pressure he was applying, she bit back.

"Why do you care so much huh?" The defensiveness in her voice making Mattheo smile in the small success, a growl coming from the back of his throat as if purring at her; this only making Y/n more irritated.

"That's not important." Y/n's blood boiling at his dismissal, clenching her fists and holding her head higher so that it was only a few centimetres away from his face.

"Oh, hah okay, then why don't I ask you about your Daddy dearest?"

Mattheo's eye twitched at her antagonistic comment, a smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth when he realised Y/n had slipped up; when she revealed indirectly who the man was.

"So he's your father then?"

As if the room had been drained of all warmth, Y/n's blood ran cold, she realised what she said and what it told him; mentally cursing herself for being so stupid. Her eyes quickly widening but narrowing just as quick into slits, her knuckles cracking at how hard she was clenching them; even the insides of her palms pierced by her fingernails.

"You stepped over the line Riddle, go fuck with
someone else."

"Getting sensitive now are we?" Anyone outside looking in could tell Y/n wasn't going to get out of this position very easily, with Mattheo inching his face closer to hers; a poisonous aura surrounding Y/n's head.

With each breath he let into the air, another hair on Y/n's neck stood on end. Despite his constant suffocating pressure, Y/n wasn't going to back down; she had enough of intimidation in her life already and Mattheo was not going to be added to the list.

With a swift movement, Y/n's hands were now gripping Mattheo's collar and violently shoved him away from her. Mattheo surprised by the sudden change stumbled back a few steps but quickly regaining his balance, pushing her back against the bookcase once again; Y/n's blood way past its boiling point. Returning her hands to the hem of his shirt in attempt to at least make some space and spat,

"Look, just because your Voldemort's son, it still doesn't give you the right to fuck with me. Your not special." Y/n's teeth grinded together harshly, as the growl escaped her throat, only letting loose of some of the rage bubbling below the surface.

Although her insult didn't even scratch the surface, Mattheo decided to add a ember to the forest fire.

"There's that personality, and her I though you were getting boring." The sheer about of raw tension layered between them would turn coal into diamond, feeling each others breath on their faces while spitting back and forth argumentative thoughts.

Y/n's eye twitching, electricity buzzing through every limb she had. She dropped her hands from his collar, his face one void of malice but tinted with mischief; he was genuinely smiling. Y/n's rage dissipating and what was left was a lingering confusion, his mood swings were starting to give her whiplash.

"Your interesting Hyde, lets do this again."

Mattheo's presence lingered as he stared at the girl, that smile never leaving his lips as he backed away slowly. Not sharing another word, Y/n just watched him retreat; that stupid sparkle in his eyes making her throat close. Nausea settled into her stomach as he walked down the stairs, the echoing of his footsteps only making it worse. But the Nausea felt different, it was confusing, frustrating but created a warm indent that was now carved into her core. All Y/n could think about was how much that feeling scared her. The absence of warmth hitting her skin as she realised she was now all alone, standing unsure of herself and feeling lost.

That smile burned into Y/n's memory, she would never forget how bright it was.

A/n: 🏃💨