Chapter 12:

Before I took the call, i took a deep breath, to remain calm. As I answered the call my Captain began to speak. "Hello Miss/Mister Miller" "Hello Captain, what do I own this pleasure" " I have to inform you that, your team mate Kelvin has died on tour. We are already planning the funeral for him and other soldiers, who died on that tour. We want you to be there as well as every other team member, if that's ok" "Yeah of cause I am going to be there. But can I ask how he died?". I heard my Captain sigh before taking a deep breath "There was I bomb underneath a car. The soldiers including Kelvin didn't know that. They were standing right next to the car, when it exploded. Kelvin and two other soldiers died on the place, while the other two soldiers died hours later at the hospital. It wasn't a good day. Kelvin had the feeling that something was wrong. I guess he was right." After I heard this, I needed to a moment to let it sink in before I said "That's really sad. Uhm...Can I ask when the funeral is?" "The funeral is going to be today in two weeks." "Should I inform the rest of the team members or are you going to do that?" "No, you don't have to do that Miller, I am going to inform everyone else. I only wanted to call you first, to asked if you knew if Kelvin had family members or a partner?" I thought for a moment before answering "I know that Kelvin had Parents, two sisters and one brother, but I don't know if he had a partner. But I think his family moved away to Canada a while ago" "That makes sense, because we can't contact them. Their phone numbers are not available anymore. But thanks for the information. I will call you if I need something. Have a nice evening and I will call you, if I need something." Ok, sounds good. Bye Captain" "Goodbye Miller"

He hung up and I took a moment to let all the informations sink in before I walked back to my family and Lizzie. They all stopped they conversations with each other and looked at me, as I went into the living room. "It was my Captain, he uhm... he said Kelvin a team mate from me died today. He told me that the funeral is going to be in two weeks from now. Yeah uhm that was all." When I was done talking I went back over to where I was sitting. Everyone was still looking at me to see some sort of an reaction or just anything that says that I am not ok, but I won't let them see my emotions, I just can't do that right now. "Are you ok, honey?" my Mom asked. "Yeah I am fine, I just wasn't expecting that. You know" I said while looking at her. She nodded at me before she started a conversation with my dad. Soon everybody was backing having a conversation with each other, while I remained silent.

About two hours later my Family decided to go home. Now it was only me and Lizzie. We decided to watch a movie together. After the second movie I notice that Lizzie fell asleep an my shoulder. I could't help but to smile at her. I took Lizzie in my arms and moved her upstair to my room so she could sleep there, while I was going downstair to sleep on the couch. I laid down, stared at the ceiling. I fell asleep with the thought of Lizzie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I wanted to apologize for not writing for so long. I had many things going on and I just didn't had the motivation to write anything. But I will write more now that I have summer holidays here in Germany. If you have any request just let me know.