Chapter 20:

Your Pop:

I couldn't really sleep at night, because of today. Today is the funeral.  I didn't know him really well, but it doesn't matter. He was in my teams when we were on tour. Dying is something people never really get used to, but when you are a soldier you kind of get used to people dying. After my two hours of sleep, I got up. I didn't really want to, but I had to. I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out and dried myself, I put on some underwear, some sweats and an hoodie. 

I went downstairs and got to the kitchen, to make myself breakfast. I glad, that I told Lizzie yesterday that I wouldn't come today, because if i am being honest, i don't really have the energy to do it today. While making breakfast i thought about Kelvin. I remember one time when we were sitting next to each other in one of the cars, that he told me that he became a father of a sweet girl. He said he had to leave for the tour six weeks after she was born and that his wife keeps im updated on her growing up process. She sent him pictures of her almost every day.  While thinking about all of this, i forgot, that i was cooking. I got out of my trance when i smelled burned food. I took the pan with the scrambled eggs in it off the stove. I was just not myself this morning. Before i could grab myself some new eggs, the door bell rang.

I made my way to the front door, to see who it is. When I opened the door someone, who i haven't thought would visit me today. In front of the door,  was Lizzie with two bags of food, I assume. "Good morning, Y/N" she said. I said a quiet "Good morning" back to her, while letting her into my house. "I thought coming over with some breakfast would make you feel a little bit better. So here I am" she said. If i am being honest, i don't know what i feel, but what I know, is that Lizzie made m feel a little bit better. "Thank you" that's all i said to her. I couldn't really form any different sentence to say to her besides that. She gave one of the two bags, i opened the bag and saw a bagel. I sat down on the dinner table. Lizzie sat down too. And we started eating our breakfast. In silence, i must say. 

After breakfast I said "You know, you didn't had to come over here today. But it's nice. I am going to get ready and when i am done, i drive you home while driving to the funeral. Ok". She just looked at me and shook her head. Then she said "I know that today must be hard for you, that why i want to come to the funeral with you. Only if that's ok for you, of course". I am being real, i didn't know what to say. "I have some black clothes in my car, that i will wear. But I have to change in your house if that's ok with you?" she then said. "I mean sure, but do you really want to come with me? I can go alone. I can drive you home if you want" i said to her while i scratch my neck. She smiled at me and said "I really want to be there for you. OK?" "Ok" i said while nodding my head at her, smiling a little bit. "You can go upstairs to get ready and when you're done i am going to get myself ready. OK?" I said to Lizzie. "OK, i am just going to my car to the clothes" she said while going outside to her car. 

I don't know why, but after Lizzie said, that she wants to come with me to the funeral, i felt happy, like really happy. But there was also something else i was feeling. I couldn't  describe it. Lizzie came back shortly after getting her clothes and directly made her way upstairs. I cleaned up the rest of the breakfast and sat down onto the couch in the living room. I got my phone and looked, if there was anything new. I got some texts from my family, asking if everything was ok or if i needed anything. I quickly answered them. After i was done texting, i head footsteps on the stairs, telling me that Lizzie is done getting ready. I stood up from the couch and turned around, that's when i saw her. Lizzie was standing there in a beautiful black dress and some black high heels. Hair hair was made into a bun. I couldn't really say anything, so I just smiled at her. "I am done, so you can get ready now" she said to me with a smile on her face. I said a small ok and made my way upstairs. 

I am so happy, that i laid out my formal uniform yesterday, so i only had to wash my face, make my hair and get dressed. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth.  After that I cleaned my face and made my hair. After that i went into my wardrobe and started dressing myself. I was done, the only thing i still had to do, is to put on my shoes. After that i made my way downstairs. I was kinda nervous, but i didn't know why. Why am i so nervous? When I arrived downstairs, i saw Lizzie standing there looking at me. She smiled at me and i smiled make at her. "I am ready now, i just have to take my phone and my car keys and then we are ready to go" i said to her, but she shook her head and said "We are taking my car and if you want you can drive?" My smiled got even wider and nodded my head while saying ok. I got my phone and my keys for my house to lock it up. Lizzie made her way to her car, while i locked the front door. After that i made my way to the drivers side of her car and got in. Lizzie then gave me her keys and i started the car. We then started our journey to cemetery.

----------

I just wanted to apologize for releasing a new chapter so late. School and live happened and i had to deal with those first. I will try to write more and if you got any ideas or anything you want read, just let me know. Have a nice day, bye.