Chapter 21:

Lizzie's Pov:

I looked over to Y/N and saw how concentrated they were will driving to the cemetery. I don't know what is going on in their mind. It must be hard for them to go to the funeral for on the soldiers, that Y/N worked with. They always talked about Kelvin and his family. I don't know if their were so close each other or not, but this doesn't matter, because their still worked together and their had to trust each other with they live, when they had to fight next to each other.

When we had to stop in front of a red light, Y/N looked over to me and asked, "Are you ok?"

I looked at her weirdly and said "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Well, you looked at me for the past 10 minutes and when I said something to you, you didn't react. That got me a little bit worried" they said while still looking at me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you, I was just lost in my thoughts" I said, before I gave them a small smile. Y/N turned her head back onto the street and a few seconds later the streetlight turned green, and they started to drive again.

Y/N and I arrived at the cemetery. When we got out of the car, Y/N took on the service cap. I walked over to them and took Y/N hand. They looked over to me and gave me a smile, I smiled back and we started walking were everyone else was.

After Y/N introduced me to some soldiers, that they know, we walked over to our seats and sat down. When we were sitting, Y/N kept my hand in theirs. Everyone else started to take their seats. The ceremony started shortly after everyone took their seats.

I saw one of the soldiers walking up to the podium. This soldier started to talk about Kelvin and the times their spent together and everything theirs did together. The name of this soldier is Mike. Mike also made many jokes about his time with Kelvin.

I looked over to Y/N from time to time and saw how their smiled, but I also saw some tears in their eyes. When Y/N looked over at me, I took this as a chance to wipe away their tears. After that their gave me smile and squeezed my hand a little bit. It felt like we two were in our own world for a few seconds. This was a nice feeling; I didn't want this feeling to stop.

I turned my head back to the podium, to see that Mike was done with his speech and that a Lady with what I assume is her daughter, walked up to the podium. The Lady started talking "Hi everybody and thank you for coming to my husband Kelvins funeral. I am Alisha and this young Lady next to me is Mia, mine and Kelvins four-year-old daughter." I looked over to the little girl and saw how she was hiding behind her mother's legs. She is so young and already lost one of her parents.

Alisha started talking a little bit more about Kelvin and about the old times. About how their met and how she was so grateful, that she a husband like Kelvin. This made me think a little. What if I could have what she had with Y/N? I started thinking about a future with Y/N. In this future I saw us two with to children playing in a garden. Wait, why am I thinking about this, I don't even like Y/N like that, right?

My mind snapped back to reality when I heard a quiet voice. I looked at the podium and saw Kelvin's daughter, who was talking. She talked about how Kelvin was as her father and how cool it was for her to have a dad, who was a marine. Then she started talking about the fact, that she is said, that he is gone know. The last thing she said, made my eyes teary. She said "I know that this isn't an end, but a new beginning and when the time is right, then we will see each other again dad. And I will be waiting for that day. Till then you will watch over us and protect us from up there. Bye daddy." I was surprised, how someone so young could be so brave. I think Kelvin will be proud of her and how she will honor Kelvin for the rest of her life.

After Mia's speech, the mother and the daughter went back to their seats and sat down. The military choir started to play. While the choir played, the coffin was let down into the grave slowly. After the ceremony, many people started to get up from their seat and made their way to their cars. Kelvin's family wanted to have a private dinner at Alisha's house, that's why everyone else left to go back home.

Y/N and I waited a little bit before we started to get up and walk to our car. Y/N still held my hand and I had no problem with that. When we arrived at our car, we got in and Y/N started driving back to my house.

Your Pov:

After Lizzie and I arrived back at her place, Lizzie said "I am going to cook for us, is that ok for you?" I just answered with a nod because I was still a little bit sad from the funeral. So with that being said, Lizzie and I made our way into her kitchen. While Lizzie started cooking, I sat the table for the two of us. After setting the table, I took my hat and my jacket of and put them onto Lizzie's wardrobe.

When Lizzie was done cooking, we started to eat. About 20 minutes later, both Lizzie and I were done eating and we started to clean up the table together. In about 30 minutes we were done cleaning up and Lizzie offered to give me some clothes, that I could switch into. So I took the clothes from Lizzie and went into her bathroom to get changed into the clothes, that she gave me.

When I was done getting ready, I went out of the bathroom. I heard something in Lizzie's bedroom, so I went to look were these sound were coming from. As I investigated her room, I saw Lizzie with her back turned to me, while she was right about to take on a shirt. I quickly turned away, my face turned red, as I thought about, what I just saw.

I also started to think about today and how Lizzie was by my side the whole time. I can't describe, what I am feeling, but I think I am in love with Lizzie.