I Wanna Know The Truth, North

"There has been something I've been meaning to tell you..."

"Spill it," Bunny said, still holding the egg in his hands. Jack leaned on the top of his staff, levitating cross-legged in mid air, all ears now that something has peaked his attention.

"Um...you see...earlier, before you guys arrived, Sophie kind of had an...encounter.." Jamie started, clearing his throat. Bunny motioned for him to go on, so he took a deep breath and began the explanation.

He told Bunny and Jack about what had happened earlier, watching their faces go from confused, to bewildered, to shocked, and then to an 'are-you-serious?' expression. There was silence. Even Jack shut up, shocked beyond words could say. And let me just say that it was near impossible, trying to get Jack Frost to shut up.

"Do you know anything about her?" he asked hopefully, earlier, thinking that they may know something about the mysterious bunny. But judging by their reactions and expressions, they had no clue. So they were all on the same boat, except for Sophie who was miles ahead of them, waving at them from her own little boat with a little white hanky.

Bunny stood up and bent down to Sophie's height and asked her "Sophie, are you sure you saw a white bunny?" She nodded, and then pointed up at him. "Like Bunny. She looked like you, Bunny," she said, shocking the two Guardians.

Bunny's eyes looked like they were nearly popping out of their sockets, his lips were moving, but no words ever came out.

"Don't you know her, Bunny?" Sophie asked, confused as to why her favourite Guardian didn't know about the mysterious white bunny.

He then took a breath and opened his mouth, a question forming at the base of his throat. But before he could get the words to his question past his lips, Jamie looked up at the darkening sky and exclaimed. "We really need to get home!" he took the basket of eggs in one hand and his sister's hand in the other. "We should get going before mom gets worried!" The two kids said goodbye one last time before they were just tiny figures disappearing from sight.

Turning to the still shocked Easter Bunny, Jack spoke up. "Bunny, I thought you said there were no more survivors," he asked softly, careful as to not thread on thin ice.

Kind of ironic, as that was how he literally died.

He winced at his question, but he knew that the same question was probably running through his mind too, along with thousands and thousands of other questions.

"I...I thought so too..."he trailed, looking down at the delicate egg that he had forgotten to return to his favourite ankle bitter. "It...It's not possible.." Bunny murmured to himself, stroking the intricate designs on the smooth eggshell. "Hey, since the day's over, how about going to the North Pole? Maybe North has a clue," Jack offered, for once, without any insult in his words. Bunny nodded, and tapped the ground with his huge rabbit's foot and creating a tunnel.

"Meet 'cha there, Frostie." And with that, he jumped in, speeding up his journey to Santa's workshop, eager for answers. Jack just stared after Bunnymund, and then let the wind take him to his next destination.

. . .

Reaching the workshop a few minutes later, Bunnymund tapped his foot in impatience while he waited for the annoying winter spirit to arrive. Normally he wouldn't even think of waiting up for anyone if he wanted answers for something. But this was different. He didn't think he'd be able to get the words past his lips. Even if he did prepare them in his head, he would forget about them the minute he tries to get them out. He'd go into a daydream on what the bunny would look like.

The door opened, letting the chilly winds in for a moment before they closed. He looked over to see Jack. Jack looked at Bunny, surprised that he had waited for him before he went up to North for answers. He shrugged it off when Bunny stopped t ask one of the yetis where North was. Phil pointed down the hallway and gave us the directions to Santa's office.

They walked down the hallways, both itching for answers. They weren't even the least bothered by the other. That was a moment to be written down in history.

They reached a wooden door and gave an impatient knock. A muffled "Come in," was heard from the inside before Bunny opened the door. They were once again, greeted by the sight of many of North's inventions all over the place. The sight would've made them stop to admire the work, but this time, they needed answers. They were craving for them.

"Ah!" boomed the jolly man, greeting them. "What brings you to ze workshop?" he asked, crossing his arms. "You've finished bringing Easter?" he asked Bunny, who had a flustered expression on his furry face. He merely nodded at him, as he had more important things on his mind.

North must've noticed the look on his face, because he immediately softened and asked us "What iz it that I can help you with?" "We need to ask you some questions, North," Bunny finally spoke up. "Ah...Well, ask away!" he exclaimed, happy to be helping out.

"North, you know that there are other spirits out there, right? Other Legends and stuff like that?" Jack asked. He nodded. "Of course, Jack." "Well, we were wondering if...um.." he trailed on, scratching the back of his head, not knowing how to put his question. But North must've taken it the wrong way. Seems like him, no?

"Ahahah! You're both looking for love, aren't you?" he asked, eyebrows raised and a smirk on his face. Bunny's eyes widened. "N-No! North, it's not that!" "Well, maybe I could try to match you two with some lady spirits I know..." he trailed on, ignoring their protests as usual.

"North!" they repeated, over and over, trying to get his attention.

"North!" Bunny shouted, finally getting North to snap out of whatever thoughts he was in. "Yes?" North asked them, snapping out of his thoughts on hooking up his two fellow teammates. Bunny sighed.

"We wanna ask if there've been any spirits or anyone else that looks like me."

North blinked.

"What do you mean?"

"Ya know what I mean, North."

"I have no idea," he said, knitting his eyebrows together, stroking is long, white beard.

"I wanna know if there are any more Pookas, North," he spoke up in a louder voice.

"And I wanna know the truth, North," he said sternly, seeing through the crack in the poker face his jolly friend had put on.