More Than One Evil

It had been three days since the day he had read to Sophie. And now he was practically pulling out his own fur, trying to catch another glimpse of that bunny.

He went up top more often now, careful to stay hidden, stay alert and focus more on his already heightened senses.

But still, he got nothing.

He was hiding in a clump of bushes, resting from his search, until he saw something in the skies. The colourful colours of the Northern lights flashed across the sky, earning a small groan from the Pooka.

He never liked those meetings.

Dragging himself up and jumping down his tunnel, he made my way over to North's, wondering what the big guy wants this time.

.       .       .

He popped out of the end of his tunnel once more, emerging from the ground and on his beside a short figure garbed in dreamsand that took the form of a robe, Sandy. Tooth, with her body adorned with colourful feathers, was already there, chatting excitedly with her Mini Fairies, moving her hands in an animated manner, expressing every word that came out of her mouth. Jack, leaning slightly against his staff, not being able to keep his eyes off of the bird-human hybrid figure. And North, the jolly man, was nowhere to be found.

Bunny leaned himself against a bookshelf and crossed his arms across his chest, tapping his foot impatiently. He wanted to get back to his search, even though he himself knows that there was a slim chance, close to none, that he would be able to successfully get a second glance of her. So far, he's only been able to find the flowers she left behind, knowing that they were from her due to how out of place it looked to the scenery and environment it was in. Guessing she was in a hurry, he figured that the Sheila was good at hiding and running away.

North finally emerged through the huge wooden doors, beckoning for them to follow him into the room where all the Guardians were chosen. The moon was shining especially bright that night, smiling down at them. 

They all knew what the emergency meeting was about the moment they stepped into the room, except for Jack, who was still new to the whole thing. The room was only used for 'choosings'.

Manny was about to choose a new Guardian.

Gathering around the stand, they whispered among each other.

"Hey, what's going on?" asked Jack, who still hadn't caught up to what was happening. "Manny's about to choose a new Guardian!" Tooth squealed softly. "I really hope it's a girl this time! It's getting kinda boring here with all you males," she added playfully, yet seriously, sighing and keeping her hopes up. A flash of hurt appeared on Jack's face, as fast as it had disappeared. No one seemed to notice. They were too busy trying to figure out who Manny would choose as the new Guardian.