Best Thing I've Ever Witnessed And Done

Bunny's POV

It's been two weeks already and word of the mystery friend of Sophie's was still freshly imprinted on my mind. I don't know what the hell was I thinking so much. I mean, for we know, she could be imaginary.

Funny, since I was supposed to be 'imaginary' too. And I didn't have a right to say what's real and what's just a fragment of our overactive imaginations.

But I knew she wasn't imaginary. I had the egg that she had specially painted for Sophie.

After examining the egg, I had found a way to open it up without breaking or damaging it. I figured that there was something inside, judging by the weight of the egg. I've been through enough eggs to know which ones were empty and which ones weren't. It had a small drawer in its mid-section. Inside the tiny compartment was an equally tiny booklet, with even tinier words written in it. I'd need a magnifying glass if I wanted to read it.

But I couldn't bring myself to read it. Crikey, it was originally meant for my favourite little ankle bitter. I'd already done enough by taking it from her without her permission and 'forgetting' to return it for two weeks. It wouldn't feel right if I read it before she did.

So that's why I decided to pay the Bennetts a visit. I took the egg along with me, of course. Maybe if I took the booklet to Sophie, she'd know what to do.

Maybe.

. . .

I don't know if it was my imagination going cuckoo or somethin'. But when I popped out of the end of my tunnel, I landed on my feet, just in time to see another hole close up and a quick flash of white.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes, not believing what I just saw. I looked at the spot where the hole once was, only this time it wasn't a hole; it was a dandelion that replaced it.

I was still staring at the yellow flower, buried in my thoughts.

Is it possible? Could there possibly be another survivor?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a faint "Bunny!" was heard, coming in my direction. I turned around, just to have Sophie cling to my furry legs. I laughed, picking her up in my arms and spinning her around. Then another "Bunny!" was heard, but this time, it came from her brother, Jamie.

"Bunny! What brings you here?" he asked me. I put the little girl I held in my arms down and crouched down. I took out the egg from an egg holster and gave it to Sophie. She looked up at me and looked back at the egg. She took it from my paw and looked at me again.

"I'm sorry, Soph. I forgot I had it with me," I told her sheepishly, which was partially true. I didn't remember the fact that I had the egg in my possessions until a few days ago. She then gave a small giggle and wrapped her arms round my neck. Or at least, tried to. I hugged her back, hearing her say a soft "Thank you, Bunny."