Amor Es Una Gran Cosa, Ramona

PLEASE READ THIS OR YOU MIGHT GET CONFUSED WITH THIS NEW UPDATE!

WITH EVERY # # # IT MEANS THAT THE SCENE CHANGES FROM ONE TO A DIFFERENT ONE.

WITH THAT BEING SAID, CONTINUE WITH YOUR READING!!

HEART BUTTON'S UP THERE IF YOU NEED IT 

_________________________________________________________________________

# # #

"Ammo! Heading your way!"

My ears immediately turned to the direction of the voice. I whipped my head around and to see Miguel, a ball at his feet as he dribbled it away from our opponents, dodging foot after foot.  All our opponents are now looking around for me. This was only a friendly match between our small village and the bucks from the next town. So even if we did use each other's names, they wouldn't know which one was which.

I quickly looked around for an empty and clear spot, determined to make a comeback at our 4-6 score. There were 7 minutes left in the the second half of the game. Our 'coach', Juan, had put saved me for last, to throw the other team off. And impressively, it worked. Juan had told me to wait till a few minutes before the game ended to finally show them the potential I had, even if I was just a doe.

But we all know damn well I wasn't no ordinary dame.

I ran towards the left, where there was no one defending, leaving their goalie completely exposed and vulnerable. They all turned their heads, eyes wide. The ball was then fired at me.

I twisted my body and let the ball bounce off of my chest, and letting it fall to my feet.

Finally.

It was my turn.

And there they came; charging at me at full speed, some still trying to get over their momentary shock at seeing a doe play 'a buck's game'. I merely grinned back at their shocked faces when they saw how fast I really was. I gave them a small salute before I took off with the ball.

My teammates all grinned at me as we quickly and efficiently scored two more goals, passing back and forth so fast that the other team could barely even catch up. My feet were lightning fast, a very unusual pair; even for a full-grown Pooka. I dribbled the ball with speed and skill, directing it away from their attacking feet and their attempts to snatch the ball back to their side. But with me finally in the game, they didn't stand a chance.

It was now a tie of 6-6 with the remaining time of 35 seconds left in the game. Sweat had started to cloak my fur, making it seem slightly matted and messy, sticking in all directions. But I didn't care. All of my focus was directed into the game.