Remember Me, Aster

Boring day at school with nothing to do since most teachers are either sick or away for competition with the brass band in Taiwan so......

And I had some extra time to update so...

      TAAADAAAAAAAAA!     

________________________________________________________________

"Amadea," he murmured softly under his breath, as if testing it out on his own tongue.

I felt my body tense as familiar sensations struck me, swirling inside of me. When he said my name, this weird sense of familiarity gripped me tightly, holding me in place, unable to move. The way the name rolled smoothly off of his tongue, coated in his deep Aussie accent, the way his eyes lingered on me; they all felt so goddamn familiar.

"Aster," I said softly, the name rolling off of my tongue smoothly. But saying his name again, it was....painful. The familiar pronunciations lingered on my tongue and then out of my mouth brought back so many memories.

Painful ones.

It used to be Aster this and Aster that.

Aster help me out, will ya?

I'm busy, Aster. Maybe tomorrow?

Stop tugging on my ears, Aster. Goddamn it.

You still can't beat me, Aster.

I have to help out at the orphanage, Aster.

I like you too, Aster.

It went on for weeks before he had to go back to his town. We weren't together, and people never really suspected the attraction I had for him. So we went on as friends. Really close friends. The weeks we spent together were one of the best ones I've ever had. After he left, I've never stopped thinking about him, not even once. I had longed to see him again and hoped for us to meet again someday. But we were both so busy, so I knew it wouldn't be happening any time soon.

But once we finally scheduled a time for him to meet me in my village, I...