6

Six
DELILAH

If you had told me about ten years ago that someone would make me cry because of the fact I am half deaf I would have laughed in your face. Little Delilah would never let anyone's comment get to her, and I wouldn't usually to this day. But here I stand in the middle of Gunner and Mason's office crying. How embarrassing.

Mason stares at me with a blank look on his face, I can never really read his expression. Not that I want to anyway. Kind of wished he wasn't in here right now, because I know this is something he will hold over my head in the near future. On the other hand, Gunner is full of concern and worry as he ushers me to sit down on the sofa. He quickly goes to retrieve a bottle of water from a mini fridge situated in the corner of the office which is covered in black interior.

I sniffle and jump at a tissue being shoved in my face. Mason's facial expressions are still blank but I take the tissue and mutter a small thank you. His eyes roll and he walks back over to sit on the chair behind his desk on the right side of the office. God, he's so fucking rude!

Gunner crouches down in front of me, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"What's happened, angel face?" He questions, his voice so soft and gentle, it makes my heart warm. The tissue that is still in my hands is taken from him, and he reaches up to dab the tears away. "What happened?" He questions again.

I take a deep breath and begin. "So I was behind the bar, it was quite busy and there was this man, he ordered a drink and sat on the stools. He kept staring at me for about twenty minutes until he ordered another drink. I could tell that he was quite intoxicated but he didn't seem to be a threat. Then the man made a comment about my hearing aid and said I'm too pretty to be wearing it. He kept going on and on about how if I didn't have one he'd fuck me into next week."

"You shouldn't fucking listen to dickheads like that." Mason suddenly interrupts and my eyes almost bulge at the death stare on his face. He pushes his glasses further up the bridge of his nose with his finger, running a hand through his dark brown hair and then he goes back to working like he didn't just rudely interrupt me.

"Carry on, Delilah." Gunner smiles gently, standing up from his crouched position and taking a seat next to me. His legs brush up against mine and I almost can't breathe from how close he is to me, his body heat making it feel like I'm sitting right in front of a fireplace on a winters night.

"Anyway, I was ready to go on my break, but as I was walking to the break room the man began to follow me but I didn't notice until he had dragged me round a secluded corner and pushed me up against the wall. He yelled loudly in my ear and then yanked my dress up. Luckily I shoved him away, but I just feel so violated a-and I didn't know who else to go to other than you." By the time I look up from my lap and make eye contact with Gunner, he looks about ready to murder.

"I'm glad you've come to me, Delilah. You made the right decision and that piece of shit will be dealt with. I promise you that." My face breaks out in a smile and I nod my head shyly looking back down at my lap. Gunner's gaze is too intense and it makes me feel things. Things I probably shouldn't feel for someone who is my boss.

"Thank you." I sniffle.

"How is your ear? You said he yelled in it." Gunner's jaw clenches as he asks the question and I sneak a quick glance over at Mason to also see his jaw tick. He must be annoyed that I'm still sitting in here.

"Yeah, he did. My hearing aid started ringing loudly and now my head is killing." I laugh lightly but neither men look amused.

Gunner throws Mason a glance and then turns his attention back to me.