9

Nine
MASON

Fuck my fucking life.

Alonso and his group of minions stand in our office with the guns aimed at us now that we've interrupted the little meet and greet. I expected Delilah to scream and run away, not that she'd be able to run, but instead she's looking up at me with raised eyebrows and then speaks. "What the fuck is this?" She hisses and I smirk.

"Close the door, Mason and your bitch will stay too." My eyes close and I wait.

"I'm sorry, who the fuck are you calling a bitch, you stupid cunt?!" Delilah exclaims and Alonso's gaze hardens. "Whatever the hell this is,—" she waves her hands in the air. "Has nothing to do with me. Let me out." She finally turns to me, pleading with her eyes for me to let her out.

My eyes fall to Gunner and he shakes his head, regret in his eyes, but we both know if I let Delilah out then seconds later her brains will be splattered all over the walls of the hotel.

"Brave little woman, aren't you?" My back tenses when Alonso makes his way over to Delilah and reaches up with his finger to run it down her cheek. Then his eyes fall to her baby pink hearing aid and he goes to touch it, but of course, Delilah isn't having any of it and a slap resonates through the room.

Fuck, fuck, fucking fuck.

Alonso rubs his jaw with a smirk on his face and then he chuckles and that's not a good thing.

"Don't fucking touch me, you fat fuck!" And she keeps going.

"Do you know who I am, you stupid bitch?!" Alonso hisses down at her and I can tell he's about to put his hands on her, so I step in front of Delilah, pushing her behind me.

"Hey, come on now, Lo. Let's not blow this out of proportion." I smile, brushing the invisible dust from the shoulders of his disgusting brown suit. For a billionaire, he sure does have terrible dress sense. I grimace and pull my hands away.

"Sweet Delilah wouldn't hurt a fly, there's no need for her to be here." I try to reason with the Italian but instead of agreeing, he snarls and sends a glare over my shoulder toward Delilah.

"The last man who laid a hand on me, do you know what I did to him?" I shake my head and let him continue. "I chopped his body up and fed him to my pet jaguar." A laugh escapes my mouth. Alonso frowns at me, crossing his arms over his chest. "What's so amusing, Langley?"

"You, Lo. You're so fucking dramatic. No need to go throwing empty threats around." I tell him, shrugging my suit jacket off. "You won't be chopping up any bodies today, unfortunately, so save your saws for another day."

Gunner soon stands up from his chair, sending an uneasy look in Delilah's direction and buttons up his suit jacket. "Look, Alonso, maybe we should have this meeting another time." Alonso looks at Gunner like he's crazy and raises his eyebrows.

"I've travelled all the way from Italy, and you're telling me you want to do this another day? Are you both trying to make a fool of me? First, your bitch slaps me and them this. I'm beginning to think working with you was a mistake." Alonso says in a warning tone and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Maybe you should just fuck off." At this very moment, Delilah does need something shoved in her mouth to shut her the fuck up.

"Delilah!" My eyes widen in surprise at the scolding tone in Gunner's voice as he aims his frustrations at the woman.

"So the bitch does have a name."

"I suggest you stop calling her out of her name or you won't be the only one chopping up bodies." Gunner threatens Alonso and I hear a quiet gasp behind me. "Come back tomorrow, Alonso, and we'll talk. Now isn't the right time and I don't appreciate you showing up unannounced anyway." When I tell you, you don't want to get on Gunner's bad side. When he's pissed off, it's best to stay clear.