31

Thirty-One
MASON

"What you looking at?" Delilah questions with a sweet smile on her face but her eyes are screaming at me with suspicion. She is still situated on Gunner's lap, who pays us no attention, to busy sniffing her hair. Fucking weirdo. Although her hair does smell really good. Like vanilla and coconuts. I may or may not have sniffed her hair in the middle of the night.

Don't tell her that.

"Nothing!" I say a little too quickly slamming the computer screen down. Bad move.

Delilah is up from Gunner's lap and storming her way over to me. "You're a bad liar." She hisses, picking up the laptop and opening it up. I wince and close my eyes to avoid the harsh glare she's going to throw my way. "Wow, perving on people. Who is this woman? Someone else you've fucked over?" She slams the laptop back down onto the table.

I open one eye and there she is with her hands braced on the table glaring at me. Her cleavage is on a lovely display.

"Hey!" She clicks a finger in my face. "If you don't tell me in the next five seconds, I'll go out there and ask her who she is myself." She threatens and I jump out of my seat. God, I'm not helping myself right now. I've got no reason to be guilty but all I'm looking right now is... well guilty.

"No!" I snatch the laptop away just as Gunner slowly stands out of his seat, a threatening look on his face.

"What have you done?" He questions deeply, pulling Delilah against his chest.

"Why do you just assume I've done something wrong?!" I exclaim, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Because it's you, Mason. You usually do something that ends up with someone wanting to kill you." Delilah argues, with a hand on her hip and a questioning look on her face. "So what have you done?" She repeats Gunner's question and my jaw ticks.

"What happened to trust, huh?" What the fuck am I doing right now.

"Trust doesn't just happen overnight." Delilah scoffs. "Who is she, Mason?"

"She?" Gunner furrows his brows, taking the laptop and opening it up to take a look for himself. The second his bright blue eyes land on Rosie his tanned face pales. "What the fuck is she doing in here?!" He throws the laptop down and I wince.

Poor laptop. Probably going to need some sort of repairing with the number of times it's been bashed around.

I laugh to myself.

"Glad you think it's funny." Delilah huffs, crossing her arms over her chest.

We both stare at each other, her big brown eyes intense and I find myself struggling to look away.

"It's Alonso's daughter, Rosie." Gunner answers for me, but Delilah's stare doesn't waver. She's mad at me. Fuck.

"She here for round two?" An eyebrow raises and I frown.

"What are you insinuating?" I step closer to her now all of a sudden not in a good mood. "Go on, Delilah." She glares up at me, her nostrils flaring.

"Well, you're being all secretive. Just seems a bit suspicious to me." She's well and truly testing me right now. "Were you just going to sneak off and have a quick fuck without us knowing?" And now she's trying to wind me the fuck up.