28

Twenty-Eight
DELILAH

"Delilah?"

I squint, hearing my name being called in the midst of sleep. I bat the hand away that keeps poking at my face.

"Delilah?"

A groan leaves my mouth and the heavy arm wrapped around my waist tightens and I don't have to open my eyes to know that Gunner is fast asleep beside me, which only means one thing. The culprit calling my name is no other than Mason. I open one eye.

And there he is.

Leaning over me with a huge smile on his face.

"Do you-"

"No." I cut him off and try to go back to sleep.

"Delilah?"

Poke.

"Delilah, answer me."

My eyes fly open when he sticks his finger up my nose.

"What the fuck?!" I whisper yell at him and he throws me a sheepish smile and shrugs his shoulder.

"That got your attention. You wouldn't even let me say what I gotta say." He pouts and I roll my eyes.

"Any ideas or thoughts you say, Mason, usually ends up with us risking our lives, nearly getting killed or throttled by Gunner because one day, we are going to give that man a heart attack." I point out and he sighs resting back against the headboard.

"It's his birthday today." He whispers and my eyes widen.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I grab a pillow and hit him around the head with it, his glasses flying off of his head.

He huffs, throwing me a warning glare and climbs out of the bed, picking up his glasses. He then proceeds to drag me with him and we exit his bedroom and head towards the kitchen. I yelp when he picks me up and places my bare ass on the cold kitchen stool.

"Jesus." I hiss, trying to use the oversize t-shirt as some sort of blanket to shield my poor bum from the coldness.

"He doesn't like to celebrate his birthday because of his sister, Gabriella. Even though they were two years apart they had the same, birthday. He's never celebrated since she passed." Oh.

I fiddle with the loose thread on my t-shirt and worry my bottom lip. "What should we do? I don't want to ignore the fact it's his birthday." I question Mason who is distracted by my ear. "Hello?" I wave my hand in his face and he blinks.

"Sorry." He whispers, placing a kiss just under my ear and my body erupts in electricity. A smile forms on my face and I reach up to place my hand on his cheek to which he leans into my touch. "I want us to have a good day, full of smiles. I just want to have a normal day before things go to shit."

My gaze softens and I nod my head, rubbing my thumb along his soft skin. "How about we all go on a date tonight?" His eyes brighten at my recommendation and he eagerly nods his head.

"All three of us?" He tilts his head and I can tell there's an unsure glint in his eyes. He's so used to me and Gunner being together, all this is new to him.