16

Sixteen
DELILAH

There's a change in the atmosphere. Well between Mason, Gunner and I. Gunner specifically. There's a look in his icy blue eyes that keeps alternating between me and the group of people sitting around the table. My stomach keeps bubbling with electrical nerves when I feel his gaze out of the corner of my eye. I'm feeling too flustered to look at him right now, so I'm going to keep my eyes on the table.

"You're Delilah like the flower?" A dark-skinned man beams at me, and the girl with the pretty purple hair hits him around the head.

"That's me, you idiot! Lavender is a flower, not Delilah." She huffs and throws an amused smile in my direction.

"Ow! How are you going to hit me like that?!" He rubs the back of his head but it's obvious he's faking being hurt. From the looks of it, these two seem to get on very well. "I'm Felix." He holds his hand out for me to take and I place my hand in his to shake, but to my surprise, he decides to press a kiss to the back of it. I cast a wary glance at Gunner and am not surprised to see a hard glare that could kill a man if possible.

"Nice to meet you, Felix. And you?" I look at the girl who I think is called Lavender but I wait for her to confirm.

"Lavender." She blushes and I smile.

"Nice to meet you, Lavender." I lean back in my chair and look up at Gunner. He's already staring down at me with a mixture of emotions swirling like crazy in his eyes.

There's another man who sits in the corner. He pays no attention to us in the room, instead polishing a gun like it's the most normal thing to do. He looks Middle Eastern, with his tanned skin and dark wavy hair. A five o'clock shadow adorns his face and compliments his sharp jawline. He's quite pretty. Like Mason — oop. No. "That's Roman." Felix points over to the man with the biggest grin on his face. "He's my best friend." He says with pride in his voice. I laugh lightly.

"I'm Mason." The voice to my left has me rolling my eyes. And I look to the freckled, brown-haired man who pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Lovely to meet you." He tilts his head and holds his hand out to me. I stare at him dumbfounded.

'Piece of shit' I sign and his brows furrow.

Then to my absolute shock, he pulls out a little booklet from the inside pocket of his designer suit jacket. 'Sign language for dummies'

"What did you just say to me?" He huffs, flicking through the pages aggressively to try and find out that I called him a piece of shit.

I leave it to him.

I turn my attention back toward Gunner, the man now glaring at his best friend who is paying him no mind. My brows turn downward. He clears his throat and begins to speak out with his deep voice that makes my whole body tingle. I shuffle in my seat, crossing my legs together.

"We've got a problem. I—"

The door swings open and Gunner's eyes close. It's obvious he's losing his patience as quick as the speed of light.

"Fuck, sorry I'm late! Woah, pretty bar lady" The new stranger smirks, striding over with a flirtatious smile. "You got a promotion, gorgeous?"

"Sit the fuck down!" Gunner growls out, the veins in his arms are on show because he's rolled the sleeves of his black dress shirt up to his elbows— which is also doing things to my insides — sticks out clear as day. His tattoos are on display for me to gawk at like a cat in heat too.

I well and truly want to jump his bones right now.

Gunner takes one deep breath and continues. "Alonso is threatening to fuck us over if we don't hand him the club or three hundred million by the end of the month." He says with stress evident on his gorgeous face.