52

Fifty-Two
DELILAH

"You're growing too fast, Maisie, you gotta stop, girly," I whisper, putting her growing curls into two small pigtails. She's already seven months but it feels like she was only born yesterday. It feels like everything that happened during that event happened yesterday. I shudder at the memories and try to push them far to the back of my mind as much as possible.

Maisie giggles, clapping her little hands together and staring at me with her big brown eyes and long lashes. Lashes she definitely did not get from me. How can I be jealous of my baby's lashes?!

I pick her up and walk onto the balcony of our new home in the Caribbean. Saint Lucia. The warm evening breeze brushes against my face and I smile at the view of the calm blue waves ahead of us. This is the place where we're going to create new memories and build our family. This is the place where we can finally live a life without having to look over our shoulder twenty-four-seven.

Where the Casino in Vegas once was is now just an open space of nothing. Felix, Milo, Roman and Lavender have moved on and created their own very illegal firm in hacking. They've been itching to get out here to see little Maisie and they will soon.

In two months we'll be getting married. It can't be official but we'll make it our own special day either way. And what's even better is that Gunner has finally been able to get in contact with his father who will also be attending the wedding and meeting his granddaughter for the first time.

A big arm wraps around myself and Maisie, a soft kiss being placed on the top of her head and then mine.

"How are my girls?" Gunner rasps, cuddling us close to his muscular body and I instantly melt against him.

"We're good, aren't we baby?" I tickle Maisie's belly and she erupts into a fit of laughter. Gunner chuckles behind me and when I look up at him I catch sight of his bright blue eyes so similar to the warm sea in front of us. Every time Gunner isn't with me, all I have to do is stare at the water and be reminded of him. He looks happier, his skin sun-kissed by the daily dosage of sun, and his dark hair has lightened slightly. Overall he looks more like a God than he did before.

"Where's Mason?" I question him.

"I was actually coming here to ask you that exact question. Haven't seen him in ages." My brows furrow and I turn around to face him fully.

"He's not anywhere in the house?" It's a big fucking house.

Gunner shakes his head, taking Maisie from my arms and peppers her with a load of kisses.

I haven't seen Mason since this morning, which means he's been gone for nearly twelve hours!

My mind goes to really dark places. What if he's dead? What if his clumsy self got into an accident? What if he's created a new enemy and they've found him?!

"Baby," Gunner cups my face with one hand, the hand that holds the names of the people he loves the most, except one of those people is missing. "I'm most certain that man is fine" I swallow hard and inhale a deep breath.

"What if he's drowned again?" I whisper, nervously biting at my nails.

Gunner chuckles but when he sees that I'm not amused his laughter diminishes and even he becomes worried.

Last week Mason nearly got swept out to sea on his pineapple float. He had fallen asleep and drifted too far, thank the heavens he didn't have Maisie with him. At first, we thought it was funny, so we left him out there and then he rolled over and fell into the water. The fucker was still asleep! Gunner had to swim out with one of the locals to save him.