11

Eleven
DELILAH

I'm not surprised when Mason decides for all of us that we should watch the Disney movie, Coco. He is currently sitting next to me, quite close might I add, watching the screen with a bright smile on his face, his eyes glimmering almost. I think it's the most relaxed I've ever seen the man since knowing him.

However, I'm struggling to concentrate on the movie playing out in front of me because I am wedged in between two very large men. Gunner sits on my left with his legs outstretched in front of him, his ankles crossed and his large muscular arms crossed against his chest. Mason is on my right sitting straighter with his elbow resting on the armrest and his head resting on the palm of his hand. I admire the small smile on his face as he watches the colourful pictures in front of him.

A light nudge has my head turning back toward Gunner who leans down his lip gently brushing my ear, sending a shockwave through my body. Woah, what the fuck? "You okay? You tired?" He whispers and I can't stop the shaky breath from leaving my lips as he pulls back and I look up into his ocean eyes. "Delilah?"

I blink.

"A little. It's been a long day."

"It has, hasn't it?" He rasps and I'm left shocked again when he reaches up to run his tattooed knuckle down my cheek.

He must be shocked himself because his movements pause and his eyes harden. He snatches his hand away and clears his throat.

Gunner seems to be making a habit of doing this.

"Maybe it would be best if you go to bed, so you're well rested for the morning." He says with a tight nod.

"I-erm, yes I should." I stutter and stand up on shaky legs. "Night," I say to both of the men and Mason looks up at me with a light frown on his face. He was so engrossed with the movie he didn't notice mine and Gunner's interaction.

"You're going to bed?" He questions with a small tilt of his head. "But the film hasn't finished." It's like I can see a shed of vulnerability in his eyes as he takes this time to relax unlike when he's at the Casino always so tense and moody.

"You want me to stay till it's finished?"

"Well duh?" He scoffs like I've said the most stupid thing and taps the space that I was sitting in only a minute ago.

"But she's tired. She needs to sleep." Gunner tells him in a stern voice.

"She can sleep after it's finished." Mason shrugs and surprises me by grabbing onto my wrist and pulling me back down on the sofa. "You don't mind, do you, sweetheart?" He smirks at me and my breath hitches.

I turn my head to look at Gunner, his jaw clenched tight as he throws daggers in his best friend's direction. Oh, God.

"Delilah needs to sleep. She's tired." Gunner grits out, sitting up straight the glare still prominent on his handsome face.

My eyes alternate between the two as Mason's relaxed body also becomes tense.

"Well, there are only like twenty minutes left." Mason points to the projector on the wall. "You're okay with finishing with me right, Delilah?" He grins and I can't ignore how dirty that just sounded.

"I-uh..I—"

"She just told me she's tired. Come on, Delilah." Gunner stands up and holds out his large hand for me to take.

I gulp and stand back up placing my hand in his. I'm sure Mason won't care anyway. I take a glance at him and I get a small sinking feeling in my stomach at the look on his face.