30

Thirty
MASON

My phone ringing is what wakes me up and I groan, snuggling up to a very naked, very sleeping Delilah, waiting for the phone to stop. It does. But only for a second before it starts up again.

"Fuck my life." I hiss, searching blindly for the phone and picking it up, pressing it up against my ear. "What?!"

"Where the fuck are you? It's nearly midday and you're still not here. I know it was Gunner's birthday yesterday but are you forgetting that someone tried to set The Amethyst a light, last night?" I sigh stressfully, pinching the bridge of my nose.

What I would do to go back in time, only by a few seconds, and ignore the phone call.

"We'll be there in an hour." I don't give Felix any time to reply and hang up, throwing the phone onto the floor.

Delilah shifts next to me and opens her pretty brown eyes with a tired smile. "Morning." She beams, stretching her arms and my gaze drops to her bare breasts on sight and I groan.

"We gotta get ready," I whisper gently, stroking her face and for a second she looks a bit confused as to why we need to get ready. And then her face drops and she nibbles on her bottom lip, looking all sorts of worried and that puts me on edge. "What is it?"

"I'll tell you when we get to the casino." She sighs, covering her face with her hands.

My mood this morning is a stark contrast to last night. All I want is to stay in this little bubble the three of us are in, but now I've got to deal with some crazy fuckers who want me dead and a crazy ex that is trying to hunt down my girl. Not that I'd ever let him lay a finger on her. I would chop it off before he could do so.

"You'd tell us if something was bothering you, right." I frown down at her. 

"Yes," she answers a little too quickly for my liking, the pitch of her voice a tone higher. My hand wraps its way around her neck forcing her to look at me.

"Don't lie to me, Delilah. I love the fucking shit out of you, and if you're hiding something that could get you hurt, worse than that, killed, I'll kill you myself and that's a promise." My fingers flex and my other hand reaches down her soft belly to the place she so desperately wants me, because the second I run a finger down her slit I can feel how soaked she is.

"Mason," she moans, lifting her hips to gain more contact.

"Tell me and I'll give you what you want." I tilt my head and she whimpers trying to get some friction. I tighten my hand around her neck. "C'mon, pretty girl. Tell me." I urge, slipping a finger slowly inside of her and using my thumb to rub her clit.

"Mason, please." I stop.

"Tell me."

"I think the fire was deliberate and I think I know who did it." She explains and more jaw clenches. She doesn't even have to tell me who, I already know. Her stupid fucking ex, Damien.

"And why would he do that, baby?" I begin moving my finger in and out of her as I ask the question.

"I...Uh...Mason." Her body shakes beneath me as I finger her faster. "Please, Mason, I don't want to explain it like this. I don't want to talk about my ex, while your fingers are inside of me." I freeze.