48

Forty-Seven
DELILAH

"Delilah!"

My world is crumbling around me and the longer it goes on the further down I'm being buried.

"Delilah."

I can't breathe.

"Angel face!" Gunner grabs a hold of my face and pulls me out of my shocked state. "I need you, okay." He coo's softly and I whimper nodding my head.

I rush towards Mason and drop to my knees. "It's going to be okay," I whisper and I don't know who I'm trying to convince more, him or myself.

"Hold this down, put pressure on the wound," Gunner instructs, handing me a bunched-up blanket and I press it down onto Mason's chest. Gunner pulls his phone out of his pocket and runs out of the basement to God knows where.

"T-This is probably m-my karma." Mason laughs and coughs at the same time, his face has turned a sickening grey colour and my worry increases when blood starts to leak out of the corner of his mouth.

"Stop talking." I hiss down at him and he smiles, his breathing wheezy. "If you die, I will resurrect you and murder you myself, do you understand? Don't make me hate you." I threaten him and he nods his head.

"I know I'm off to hell."

"Mason, please."

"Fuck, I'm actually gonna die for real. I give you permission to give me one last fuck. That would be a good way to go."

"Mason!" For his sake, I'm trying to hold back on having a mental breakdown. I can't even digest the fact that my parents are dead and now I could potentially lose the love of my life. "Don't die, please. You and Gunner are all I have." I whimper, wiping my tears away with my arm, keeping the pressure on his gunshot wound.

"Baby, it's gonna b-be okay." I shake my head, tears falling down my face as he weakly reaches up with one hand and cups my face. He winces at the movement but doesn't stop. "Y-You and Gunner are the b-best thing that ever happened to me."

"I'm pregnant, Mason. You can't die, please don't die." I cry out, watching the light fade more and more from his dark brown eyes. "Please, Mason." I can feel his hand slipping from my face and eventually it falls limp on his side. His breathing is getting worse and he is struggling to keep his eyes open.

I'm losing him second by second.

"Speak to me."

He raises his brows, his eyes closed.

"You told me not to." He replies sarcastically and that's enough for me to know he still has a little energy to continue being his annoying self. "You talk to me."

I swallow hard and think about what to say.

"I-I think we're going to have a girl, I can feel it," I tell him and he smiles, but it's barely there. "I-I think she's gonna have Gunner's eyes and your freckles. I'm kind of hoping she takes after Gunner rather than you and me because we're a little more fucked up." Mason puffs out a small snort through his nose.

"You a little m-more." He teases and I laugh lightly. "More." He whispers.

"W-We're going to move somewhere no one will ever find us and live a normal happy life and we'll get a cat," I explain.

"Ew, I hate cats." I gasp. "D-Delilah?"

"Hmm, baby." I coo, stroking his clammy forehead, and pushing his hair back.

"I'm sorry." He speaks out, biting his trembling lip and I furrow my brow.

"Oh, God. What have you done now?"