53

Fifty-Three
DELILAH

"Congratulations!" I smile at Callie as she congratulates me for what is the thirty-first time. The way she's been so excited today you would think it's her thats the one getting married.

"The bar doesn't seem sturdy enough for me to dance o unfortunately." Her friend —and now my friend — Elodie walks over to us with a pout on her face.

Never in my life did I think I would befriend a woman like Elodie, she's crazy, scarily crazy but she has the biggest heart I've ever seen. Her husbands, Enzo and Killian seem to be quite overprotective of her but I see why.

"Elodie, you don't have to dance on top of every bar you see, babe." Callie sighs, wrapping her arms around her and Elodie throws her arms up in the air.

"But it's tradition Callie, I did at your wedding now I have to do it at Delilah's! You don't mind do you, Delilah?" She beams up at me and I shake my head and nod over to the free bar.

"Knock yourself out." I pause, knowing how clumsy she actually is and she probably would knock herself out. "Not literally though, okay," I say in a concerned voice but she's already running towards the bar with both her husbands eyes following her every move.

I have to sympathise with the poor girl, she had a difficult upbringing so I suppose she's making up for it now.

"Here comes Prince Charming, I'll leave you to it." I follow where Callie's eyes are leading and my heart stutters when I see one of my husbands. I close the distance up, meeting him halfway and beam up at him. His tattooed hand reaches up to caress my cheeks softly and I lean in closer.

"Angel face." He rasps leaning down to press a kiss on the top of my head and my eyes flutter closed at the sensation of his warm lips pressing softly onto the skin of my forehead. "I love you, my beautiful wife." He smirks and I almost collapse at how good that just sounded coming out of Gunner's mouth.

"And I love you." My arms worm around his broad shoulders and I lean up to press a kiss on the side of his cheek.

"Today has been the best day of my life, having everyone here, finally being happy and at peace." My eyes sting with tears at his words. "It's all I've ever wanted, baby. All I've ever needed. Meeting you and Mason changed my life for the better, despite what we've been through it's made us so much stronger."

"Stop, you'll make me cry and it will ruin my makeup." I pout, pressing my cheek against his chest as we hug each other tightly.

The warm glow of fairy lights and white decorations surround us as we sway gently to the music playing in the background. However my peace is short lived and my whole body tenses up.

"Where are Mason and our daughter?" I whisper in his ear and his body also tenses. I pull my head back and frown at him. "Gunner?" I speak out in a warning tone and his throat bops up and down.

"I have no idea." He rasps and my arms drop from his body. This is exactly what I've been worried about today. Mason's little surprise and seeing as our daughter is missing, it involves little Maisie too. "I'm sure it's fine. Mason wouldn't purposely put Maisie in harm."

"Maybe not on purpose, Gunner, but it's our Mason we are talking about."

"Oh my fucking God!" Callie cries out, running down the beach towards the sea and it's when I see three jet skis bopping along with a huge banner reading out the words 'I LOVE YOU DELILAH AND GUNNER SCOTT LANGLEY' that I also start to panic.

"Mason!" I exclaim, trying my best to run in these heels along the white, hot sand and I eventually end up kicking them off and speeding towards the clear blue sea with my satin wedding dress hiked up to my knees and Gunner hot on my heels.