twenty

out of my head

I wanted to talk to Topper. I wanted to ask him about Sarah and if I was the one he was throwing it all away for. He was all I could think about and every minute of every day ticked by so so slowly.

Rafe was glued to my side, everything I did he came along and everything he did he begged me to do it with him. He pulled me onto his lap and cemented his arms around my waist all day and kept his head on my chest all night long. I felt like I was suffocating.

I had no time or space to sort out my feelings. I had no way to talk to Topper or explore my feelings for him, because as soon as my mind wandered to the slope of his cheek and the pout of his lips Rafe was calling my name and pulling me back to reality.

I laid on the couch in Rafe's living room with my head on his lap. His fingers were tangled in my hair as they massaged my scalp, lulling me to sleep. It had been hours since we'd last spoken. We were both too tired and relaxed from the joint we had been passing back and forth to try and hold any type of conversation.

I let my eyes flutter closed and a light hum slipped from between my lips. My mind began to wander to Topper's tan skin and cool blue eyes. I tried to remember the way that he looked between my legs with a head of messy hair and lazy blue eyes that stared up at me through thick lashes as I writhed under his touch.

My thighs clamped together instinctively, trying to dull the ache that was growing between my legs. I craved the gentle hands and soft kisses that paid special attention to every inch of my body as he coaxed me towards my release. I missed his heavy breaths and almost inaudible moans that fell against my skin and drove me wild.

"Hey, guys! What's up?"

My body froze and goosebumps spread across my skin.

That's Topper's voice.

Rafe lazily dragged his fingertips across my chest in small circles, "Be quiet, she's sleeping."

I tried to keep my breath steady and slow the beating of my heart. I kept my eyes closed, relaxed my body, and listened closely. I had to know what was going to happen.

I heard Topper plop onto the couch and stretch out, "My bad. Are we still going to that party later?"

Rafe is intimidated by Topper.

Rafe gently pressed his fingers into my skin, trying to show assert his dominance, "I think so. I'll have to see if Sienna is up for it."

Yes.

"I'm sure she'll want to. It'll be your first real outing as a couple," Topper's words dripped sarcasm.

I need to get him alone.

Rafe tensed and my breath caught in my throat, "Don't act like you know her."

Topper does know me

"Says the one that didn't even act like she existed the last year."

Rafe laced his fingers with mine, "I don't want to fight. You and I are best friends. We can't let me being with Sienna ruin that because she and I are going to get married and I don't want to lose you."