1

^^twins^^

~Edited~ 

*No big changes, don't need to re-read*

A/N~ Just so you know, the words in bold are the twins communicating through sign language, as Mila does not speak in front of people.

*Mila*

"Are you kids ready?" Our social worker asks us. I've already forgotten her name. I know I won't see her much, so I don't really bother to remember what her name is. Miles nods his head at her and we get into her car so she can drive us to the airport, where we will meet one of our older brothers. 

My anxiety spikes at the thought of meeting these four older boys. I don't know if they are violent like the people we lived with before. I hope they don't try to force me to speak. I've gone mute for a reason. I only talk to Miles. I don't trust anyone else enough to talk to them.

"Mila, we are here." Miles's voice breaks me from my thought process. I nod at him and we climb out of the car. I keep my head down as I walk. After noticing that I'm not really paying attention to where I walk, Miles grabs my hand and leads me to where our brother waits for us. 

"Hello, Mr. Rossi. This is Mila and Miles, your younger siblings." Miss What's-her-face says politely. Her voice is clearly fake. She's been a witch with a capital B all day. She glances over at me with a forced smile, I stare back with a cold look on my face. 

"Mila here is selectively mute, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on her speaking." She says with a small eye roll. I look at Miles with a 'did you see that?' look on my face. He gives a subtle nod and glares at the woman. 

"Thank you... What was your name again?" Our older brother asks. 

"Evelyn. Evelyn Walters." She says with yet another fake smile. 

"Miles, can you speed this up? I don't like this lady." I ask. 

He nods and says in a bored tone, "So can we leave or not? I would rather we not miss our flight due to idle chit-chat." Our social worker gives him a glare and in response, he takes a subtle step in front of me, which does not go unnoticed by our brother. 

"Listen here you little brat-" She starts but is cut off by our brother.

"I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you, Evelyn. Now please, we must be on our way. Come along children." He says in a joking manner. I crack a small smile, but Miles stays stone-faced.

Once we get onto the plane... Correction, private jet... Our brother introduces himself. 

"Hello Miles and Mila, my name is Alessio and I'm your brother, but you already know that. I'm 19 and I'm also the super cool and chill one." He jokes, but we just stare at him blankly. He sighs and looks out the window. 

"Hey, you need to get some sleep." Miles whispers and I nod before laying my head on his chest. 

~~~~~~

"Mila, princess, wake up." I hear Miles say softly. My eyes flutter open and I look up at him with a questioning look. 

"We are here. Alessio went to go put our bag in the car. Now before he gets back, I want you to promise me something." I nod for him to continue. 

"Please, if you ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of boys, you let me know, and I will make sure we get some time to ourselves. I don't want this to go as bad as our last house. I won't let that happen again." He promises. 

"You can't be positive about that. We will be outnumbered here. They could easily forbid us from seeing each other." I sign to him. He is about to say something but the sound of footsteps cut him off. 

"We will talk about this later." He signs back. I nod and look back at the ground as Alessio comes into our sight. 

"Ready to go home?" He asks. Miles nods. He leads us over to a fancy looking car, but I don't know enough about cars to know what type it is. I just like it. 

We are only in the car for about thirty minutes before we stop at a huge mansion. 

"Welcome home!"