10

^^Mila's outfit^^

~Edited Lightly~

A/N~ Hello again readers. I'm just making this little note here because I want to ask a question. I have an idea for another book. I want to know if you would like me to write it. Here is the description~ Mika Walker, or as everyone knows her, Samantha Craig is your average Queen Bee. Or so everyone thinks... She puts up a Queen Bee front so that nobody will question her home life. She bullies girls and seduces boys in school. At home, she lives with her mentally and physically abusive stepfather. He makes her sell herself as a prostitute on the streets to make money for him to buy his alcohol and drugs. But, what happens when a new girl moves to school and starts to question her? Will she find out the truth about Samantha? Or will she give up on her like everyone else?~~~ Let me know what you think in the comments.

*Mila*

The boys and I decide to spend time together before we eat. While Luciano and Alessio were setting up the living room, Alessandro, Milo, Miles, and I were talking to Blade. I was kind of scared. I didn't know if Alessandro was violent with punishments yet. I knew that he was very capable of hurting people if he wanted. He had the mucles to prove it. Miles promised me that if things were to turn violent he'd get me out of there quicky. Milo, being able to understand sign language, joined in on the coversation and said he would help. 

Before entering, Alessandro knocks on the door and waits for permission to enter. He saw my questioning look and said. 

"We respect each other here. Our rooms are our safe spaces. We always knock, and we don't enter without permission unless it is an emergency. I expect you three to follow that." We all nod. When Blade calls out saying we can enter, the four of us walk in. Blade rolls his eyes after seeing me. 

"I assume you are here to make me apologize for what I said, however, I will not be apologizing. What I said was true and I mean every word."

Alessandro sighs. 

"Before you make up your mind on apologizing, I want you to listen to her explanation." Blade rolls his eyes but agrees. 

"Do you want me to tell him or will you?" Miles signs. 

"I will," I sign back. 

"Before you get mad, that was Miles asking her if she wanted to tell you, or if she wanted him to tell you. She decided she is going to tell you. You can't get mad at that, because it was only private so she wouldn't feel embarrassed." Milo says. Blade nods. 

"When we lived with Sir and his friend... They had rules. Any rule broken, no matter how small or right it was to break it, lead to punishment. There were several rules and we had to memorize them." I start. 

"What were the rules?" Blade asks. 

"One- Keep the house spotless and ready for guests at all times. Two- All meals are to be ready at exact times. Breakfast by 8am. Lunch by noon. Dinner by 5pm. Any later and there will be punishment. Three- Do as told, no matter what it is, if we say do it, you do it. Four- No eye contact. That means you are challenging us. Five- No talking back. Six- We expect you to give us all of your respect. We take care of you and give you a place to live. We don't have to respect you. Seven- Always remember, you are nothing. Eight- No getting in trouble at school or anywhere, if you do, severe punishment will be administered. Nine- Keep alcohol in the fridge at all times. Ten- If you have a job, do not be home late. Eleven- Kids are to be seen, not heard. No talking unless you are spoken to. Twelve- Keep your mouths shut. If anyone finds out what we do, you will never see the light of day again. Thirteen- No running away. Once we find you, you will regret ever being born. Fourteen- We are superior in every way. Do not test us. Fifteen- No learning to fight. It won't do you any good anyways. Sixteen- Memorize every rule. You will be tested frequently to make sure you were listening to us."

Once I stop talking they are looking at me and Miles with sympathy. 

"You had to follow all of that?" Blade asks. 

"Yeah. There were unspoken rules that they made up sometimes just so they'd have a reason to punish us." I say. 

"Now back to why we came. One of those rules was a no speaking rule. That's why I'm selectively mute. Every time I have a flashback or a nightmare, I go mute. It is a triggered response. I've tried before to speak after one, and my body doesn't let me."

I sigh. "I'm sorry for earlier, making you think I act like a baby. I don't do that to be a brat. It's a defense mechanism. I have no choice. Fourteen years of being forced to do things like this, makes it hard to change." Blade nods in understanding. 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that. I should have calmly asked, rather than start shouting." He says sincerely. I nod. 

"It's all ok." I say. 

"Why are you always so easy to forgive people?" Milo asks. 

"I spent years holding onto what people would do to me without forgiving them, it tore me up. I decided to forgive people. I won't forgive the actions, but I'll forgive the people. It makes it easier to get through the day."

With that we go downstairs. 

"Took you long enough." Alessio rolls his eyes playfully. I let out a small giggle and everybody looks at me in shock. I suddenly feel embarrassed. 

"What?" I ask rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Princess, you haven't let out a genuine laugh or even a giggle in years... If you've laughed or giggled recently it's only been to appease me." Miles says. I never knew he caught on. I was always so stuck in my depression, I couldn't show any genuine joy. 

"Oh." I say nervously. They all smile at me. 

"You're so cute!" Alessio grins. 

I roll my eyes, then freeze. 

"I-I'm so-sorry." I stutter out. They all look to me in concern and Miles wraps his arm around me. 

"They aren't going to punish you for rolling your eyes. You didn't mean it to be disrespectful. You were only playing around. They aren't mad." He assures me. I nod, my hands still shake though. 

"It's ok bambina." Alessio says. After a few moments my hands stop shaking and we sit down to watch a movie. 

"I say we watch It." Blade says. 

"No, how about Ratatoulli!" Alessio suggests. 

"Too childish. Let's watch The Parent Trap." Luciano throws in. "I say Frozen 2." Milo suggests. 

"How about no. We should watch Encanto." Miles says. Everybody looks at Milo and Miles in surprise for their choice of movie. 

"Or, we can make the smart choice, and let Mila pick. After all, Ladies first." Alessandro says. The boys all move to argue but one look from Alessandro shuts them up. I move over to him. 

"Thanks Ally." I smile. He smiles back and kisses my forehead. 

"I wanna watch Harry Potter. The first movie. I've read the books, but I haven't watched the movies yet." I say quietly. The boys all agree.

"I figured you'd want to watch a princess movie. You have good taste though." Luciano says. 

"I'm not a fan of princess movies. Most of the time, they have such good lives and they find true love at first sight. It's unrealistic. Not that Harry Potter is, but he starts out rough, and then he finds out someone is trying to kill him and that some of his parents' friends betrayed them. He fights his own battles with the help of his friends, but in the end he wins. He works for his happy ending apposed to it just being given without the work." I say. The boys all look at me impressed.

"Wisely said." Alessandro says. Right as the movie ends, there is a knock on the door. We all walk to it as Milo opens it. A girl I never thought I'd see again stands there. 

"Phoenix?" I ask, a big smile forming. 

"Do you remember what I promised?" She asks. I nod remembering her last words to me... 

"You promised-"

A/N~ Cliff hanger... I know everyone loves those... How does our darling Mila know this Phoenix? Any guesses you may have, please comment them...