22

Trigger warning~ Torture, name calling, and cursing.

*Mila*

I stare at Blade after he apologizes. 

"How do I know it's the truth this time?" I ask quietly. 

"I guess you can't know, but I will do my best to prove it." He says, and he sounds really truthful. i just can't bring myself to trust it without proof. 

"Mommy?" Fiorenzo asks. 

"Yes boo?" I ask. 

"I'm scared of my father. He's mean. He hits me when I'm not good enough. He made me kill and fight. Mommy I'm only three. I don't like this." He begins to cry. 

"I'm sorry. I promise I'm not weak." He immediately apologizes.

"I know you aren't. Crying doesn't make you weak. It just proves you've been strong for too long." I tell him. He nods and cuddles into me. 

"You know, you really make a good mother." Blade compliments me. I give him a smile. 

"Thank you, adelfós." He looks at me questioningly. 

"What does that mean?" He asks. 

"It means brother. Phoenix taught me Greek when we met, so we could have secret conversations no one would know about." I grin at him. He nods. 

"Don't tell our brothers, but I'll teach you Italian when we get home. That way you understand our secret conversations and aren't left in the dark."

He must really be trying to win my trust. Or he just wants to use me. As much as I want to believe he only wants to get along, I've been hurt too many times to actually believe it. 

"Luce del sole, I know it's hard to believe, but I promise I will get us out of here." Blade promises. I give him a small smile before looking at my lap. Fio stares up at me in confusion. 

"Mommy?" He asks. I raise a brow for him to continue. 

"Did you escape?" 

I smile at him. 

"They were taken into custody and my brothers found me. I now live with all of them. There are Alessandro, Luciano, Alessio, Blade, Miles, Milo, me, and Fia living in the house. You will be joining us when we go back." I fill him in on all the events that happened. 

"So I have... six uncles and a sister? What about aunts, grandma, grandpa, and cousins?" He asks. 

"Well my mom and dad just got home the day I left. I don't have any sisters. I'm not completely sure about any cousins though." I say.

"Dad has two brothers who both have wives. Uncle Elijah is the middle brother. He is married to aunt Elle. They have three sons. The oldest is Leonardo who is 25, then Avaren 22, and Romeo 17. Then there is uncle Mario and aunt Isabella. They have two sons. Emilio and Emertio both are 16." Blade says. I look at him with wide eyes. 

"Does no one in our family know how to have a girl?" I ask. Blade laughs. 

"Mom and dad had you, did they not?" I scoff. 

"I'm the youngest though! I want an older sister. There's too many boys." I groan.

Fio looks at me. 

"Mommy, I'm glad there are so many boys. Now you are protected. Fia will be too. She will never get a boyfriend." He says and I laugh. My laugh is cut short as Nikolai walks into the room. 

"Hello, kitten. I'm back and we are going to have some fun. Fio, sit in the chair next to Blade." He demands as a guy brings a chair that has restraints in it. Fio gets up from my lap and lets them strap him into the chair. As soon as they are done with him, they untie me.

"Kitten, you know how this will work." Nikolai says as he grabs a whip. I nod, with no noise and a blank face, as I get on my knees with my back facing the men in the room. 

"What are you going to do to her?" I hear Blade's worried voice. 

"Your little sister has gone too long without punishment. So we are reinforcing it." Nikolai laughs. 

"Sir, you forgot a step." One of the guards in the room says. 

"What step did I miss Ian?" Nikolai asks. 

"She needs to remove the shirt for the best outcome."

Nikolai laughs evilly. 

"You're right. Take off the shirt kitten." He orders. 

"Yes sir." I say quietly as I lift the shirt over my head. 

"Now that that's taken care of, let's get to it, shall we?" Nikolai asks before I hear the sound of the whip going through the air. I feel a sharp line of pain across my back. Blood drips from it. He brings the whip up and does it over and over again. He only stops when I can no longer hold myself up. 

"Mommy!" I hear Fio cry. I look at him as Nikolai marches across the room and slaps him across the face. My blood begins to boil and I push myself to my feet. 

"Keep your nasty hands off my son." I growl. Nikolai only smirks at me. 

"He's my son too, you know. Though I am quite impressed. Not even a minute ago you couldn't hold yourself up. Now you look ready to attack. I wonder why that is..." He trails off. 

"It's called the love of a mother. Have you seen bears? Anytime a mother bear sees her baby in danger she becomes dangerous. The same could be said of my sister." Blade says.

"Are you comparing your sister to a vicious beast?" Ian, the guard, asks. Blade smirks. 

"Try hurting her kid. I dare you." Ian looks to Nikolai. 

"Do it, but I'm not helping you." He says. Ian smirks at me and takes slow steps to my trembling child. He grabs Fio's wrist and I begin to tremble with rage. He bends it and Fio whimpers. Then there is a snap. 

"MOMMY IT HURTS!" Fio screams and begins to cry. My self control flies out the window. My vision becomes red and I tackle Ian to the floor. 

I landed punch after punch to his face. When you can no longer recognize his face, I move on to kicking his side until I hear multiple cracks. I go to kick him in the throat but voices stop me. 

"Il mio orso, it's alright now. The threat is gone." I hear Blade. 

"Mommy please stop. I don't like violence." Fio calls out. I look over to see them. Blade looks at me with a bit of fear but mainly a proud look in his eyes. Fio looks concerned and scared. When I look into his eyes, I immediately soften and my fists unclench. 

"I'm sorry baby." I say gently. Fio smiles tentatively. 

"It's ok mommy. You were only doing it to protect me. I would do the same for Fia." He says. I look around and see that all the men have left, leaving only Ian on the floor barely moving. 

"Bambina, you did good. If I were to make you angry, I would fear for my life." Blade laughs.