2

*Mila*

~Edited~

*No major changes, no need to re-read*

A/N~ TW~ Mentions of self-harm, abuse, and depressing thoughts. 

Alessio leads us inside the house. We are greeted by three tall men. One has a soft smile, one has a cold face, and one is outright glaring at us. As Miles takes note of the one with a glare he steps slightly in front of me. 

"Mila, Miles, these are your other brothers," Alessio says calmly. The one with the smile speaks up first. 

"Hello, my name is Luciano, I am 24 and your second oldest brother." He says. The one with a cold face speaks next. 

"I'm Alessandro, I am 26 and your eldest brother." Miles nods at him. 

"Blade, 16 years old. All I have to say is stay the hell out of my way or you will not like the consequences." 

Alessio and Luciano glare at him. Miles has been glaring at him the whole time, meanwhile, I found a very interesting spot on the carpet to stare at. 

"I'm Miles. This is Mila. We are 15 years old. I can promise you we will do our best to not bother you guys. We are very grateful to even be allowed to stay here." Miles says, suddenly remembering his manners. 

"Why did you introduce Mila? Surely she can introduce herself. Besides, we already know who you are." Alessandro asks. 

"To answer your question, sir, she is selectively mute," Miles says politely. He misses how Alessandro's eyes get darker on the word 'sir'. Blade scoffs taking a step forward. 

"What something for attention? Just like not eating? We can all see how skinny she is." This time Miles steps fully in front of me without bothering to cover it up. 

"You have no right to speak of her acting for attention. You've been missing our entire lives, you have no clue what we-" I cut Miles off from his yelling when he sees me flinch at the loud volume. 

"I'm sorry princess, it won't happen again." Miles signs. I nod. 

"Don't tell them about our lives before here. I don't want them getting any ideas." I sign back. It's his turn to nod. 

"Please take us to our room," Miles says flatly. 

"Don't you mean rooms? Plural..." Alessio asks. Miles shakes his head. 

"We share a room. We always have, she wouldn't feel comfortable if we were to suddenly change any more than we already have today." He leaves no room for argument. 

"Well, I guess you guys will have to decide which room you prefer out of your two rooms," Alessandro says. 

Alessio shows us the two rooms and we decide on sharing Miles's room. It was darker in color and for some reason, we are both drawn to the dark. Alessio leaves us alone with a promise of being back to get us for dinner. When the door is safely shut, Miles locks it, not wanting to take any chances. 

"Mila, go take a shower and change into comfy clothes. I'll take one after you," Miles says. I nod and grab a pair of black leggings and a long-sleeved black shirt. Without Miles noticing it I grabbed my blade and brought it to the bathroom with me. I turn the shower on and stand in the middle of the bathroom, letting what happened today finally hit me. 

~Earlier~

"Mila, I need you to go hide. They are outside." Miles tells me softly. 

"No Miles, I'm not leaving you alone with those two," I say softly. I refuse to let my brother take all the pain on his own. He doesn't deserve any of this. I'm the one who isn't good enough for them. I'm the one who was born a mistake. Before he can try to continue the argument with me the door slams open, our abusers walking in with matching evil smirks. 

"Mila, Go!" Miles shouts and I flinch at the loud noise but shake my head. 

He tries to stand in front of me. But the first man punches him and kicks him across the room. I almost shout his name out, but I can't force the words out of my throat. The second man walks up to me slowly. 

"Hello, kitten. You ready for today." I shake my head, tears streaming furiously down my face. 

"Too bad!" He shouts and kicks me in the stomach, effectively knocking me to the ground. He punches and kicks me everywhere that won't be visible. 

He slowly starts to undress me, as I lay there limp and sobbing, listening to the sound of my brother getting beat up. When he finally gets me completely undressed, he removes his pants. He doesn't let my tears stop him from raping me. 

Suddenly, the door bangs open again, and two cops come in, pulling the guys off of me and Miles. Miles grabs a blanket and throws it over me. I pass out soon after due to all the stress.

~~~~~~~~

Tears flood freely down my face as I remember the events. My breathing begins to come out faster and more shallow. I take my blade and press it against my thigh. I make a single cut. Then another. Another. Another. Again and again, until my leg is a bloody mess. My tears finally stop and I hop in the shower, barely registering the sting it makes on my cuts, as I watch the bloody water circle down the drain. 

When I hop out of the shower I put a bandage wrap around my thigh, making sure it won't seep through my clothes. I put my blade away, and make sure all evidence of what happened is gone. 

I plaster a fake smile on my face and walk out of the bathroom seeing my twin reading his book. 

"Your turn brother," I say softly. He looks up at me with a soft smile. 

"You sure took your time, huh?" He asks with a small laugh. 

"I was enjoying the hot water... I haven't had a warm shower in ages." Technically it's a half-truth. He nods. 

"Until they say that we can't use hot water, I'm not going to tell you not to use it."

He grabs his clothes and gets into the shower. I look around our new room. There's a desk with a sketchbook on it. When I see the sketchbook I give a small happy giggle and immediately grab it and start to draw. I sketch a picture of a girl sitting alone in the rain. The sun barely shines through it, and she has her head tilted back enjoying the feel of the rain and sun on her face. Soon Miles walks out of the bathroom and looks at what I'm doing. 

"Looks good." He says lightly. Then there is a knock on the door, and our heads snap towards it. He places a blank look on his face and opens the door. I hear him talking quietly with one of our brothers before he motions me to come along.

Dinner is going to be fun...