17

A/N~ I didn't like leaving the book on a cliffhanger. I decided to continue even if I don't get comments. Maybe one day when my book is finished there will be some comments. You guys are silent readers. I can understand that. So I'll continue anyways. Thanks for reading. If you don't comment, can I please at least get a vote so I know you liked it? Sorry for the really long wait... Stuff happened...

*Phoenix* ~Surprise again~

I sit in the waiting room of the hospital with Fia, attempting to keep her calm. 

"Nix?" She asks softly. I look down at where she stands in front of me. 

"Yes, prinkípissa?" I ask. She tilts her head slightly, a bit confused, but lets it go. 

"I'm sleepy and mommy isn't here to hold me while I fall asleep." She says, tears brimming her eyes. I pick her up gently. 

"You mommy is going to come back. She's just away for a bit, on an adventure!" I say as I tickle her, ignoring the pain in my own chest. 

"What kind of adventure, Nix?" She giggles. 

"Do you remember all the times you've been asleep and went on an adventure in your dreams?" I ask her. She nods. 

"It's just like that. You're mommy just hasn't woken up yet, but she will." I say, hoping that I'm not lying to this innocent ball of sunshine. 

"Yay!" She says and then yawns. 

"Since your mommy isn't here right now, would you like me to hold you while you sleep?" I ask. She considers it. 

"Yes, please. Mommy won't get upset if you're the one holding me." She says a bit sleepily. 

I sit down in a rocking chair that is in the special waiting room we were put in, for only our family members. I begin to rock us slowly while singing a song I once made for Mila. 

"Now now my little dove, we will soon be free. All the pain in the world couldn't stop me from being with you. If our love is strong enough, there is nothing standing in our way. One plus one equals you and me, that is how it will forever be. Together forever is a very long time, but it is true, there's no doubt in my mind. I want to hold you baby and climb on the moon. Do all the things we never got to do. Because if I love you, and you love me, there isn't anything that we can't do." 

It's a short song, but I believe every lyric of it. I spent hours putting it together because it never sounded right, but I finally got it. I look down at my lap and see Fia already asleep with a smile on her face. As she sleeps I take in all of her facial features. She has blue eyes. 

(A/N~ I can't remember if I already told you her facial features, or what they are, so I'm retelling you and it might be different than before, also there is going to be a chapter at the beginning of this book with what all the characters look like. As in their description. It may be different from the pictures but that's ok, just bear with me.) 

She also has freckles on her nose and across her cheeks. If I'm being honest, she looks just like her mom, except with brown hair. 

I've never been more scared in my life. Agápi mou is in the hospital not waking up and there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to sit here and wait for somebody to tell me what's going on. I sigh as I recline back in the chair. I will just sit here and wait. I need to stop worrying so bad, she will be just fine. Right as I think that a nurse walks into the room. 

"Are you here for the Rossi family?" She asks and I nod. She gives me a smile. 

"They are going to be just fine. Someone put a heavy-duty sleeping med into their food. That's why they are all passed out." I sigh in relief and close my eyes, slowly falling into the oblivion known as sleep. 

Short chapter, I know, but I just wanted to get it out since I haven't updated it in forever. We are at 4.7k reads y'all! Thank you so much. I couldn't have made this story without you. <3 Lots of love~ Nicole