34.

I laid beside the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We've been through so much together but I couldn't ask for a better person to endure life with.

I watched him as he slept.

I stared at his features capturing every small mole to every line on his face.

I wonder who our baby will look more alike.

I rubbed my thumb across his cheek.

The memories of our relationship flooded. The highs and lows was all worth it.

"You can look but you can't touch." He said with his eyes closed making me laugh. "Why you still up?" He asked stretching.

"Insomnia. The last few nights have been rough to sleep." "You used yo pregnancy pillow?"

"Previously."

"What is it your back again or he moving?"

"Both." He nodded and got up. "Come on." He said. "What?" "Come here." I got up. All I had was my underwear and bra on.

He held his arms opened.

I hugged him.

"What this gone fix?" I asked him. "I figured you needed a hug you was suppose to turn backwards." I laughed. "Why Yeen say none?" I asked.

He laughed.

"Figured you knew." "Whatever." I turned around and laid back into his chest.

He put his hands on each side of my belly.

I knew he was finna do the relief thing I liked. He lifted it up making me moan instantly.

He laughed.

"Shut up its not funny." I told him.

"I know baby." He kissed my forehead as he just held it. I felt instant relief.

"You ready to push?" He asked me.

"Kind of." "Why just kind of?" "I'm scared we'll fuck up especially with us being so young."

"Ain't no handbook on this life shit as long as we both trying and doing our best then we doing it right." "What if our best isn't enough?

I don't want our baby to endure what we did."

"He won't."

"How you know?"

"Cause we aren't the people we endured it from." "Yeah but we are toxic."

"Nah we was dumb kids who didn't understand the depths of they situation but now? I think we ready." I smiled. "Imma miss carrying him inside me."

I rubbed my stomach.

"Even the back pain?" I laughed.

"Oh no I would love to have my back again but feeling his kicks, flutters, talking to him, singing. I just know it's going to be hard adapting to him being outside of my pussy."

"Yeah but he'll be doing allat and then some once he's here. You know how happy he'll be shit you'll be once y'all able to lay eyes on each other.

You like his permanent best friend. You carried him it don't get better than that."

"Look at you saying all the right things tonight." I turned around making him slowly drop my stomach. I looked up at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing just love the way you love me." "You my queen you deserve it."

"Thanks Papi for everything."