Chapter 7

Valentine's Day was coming up and I wanted to go to Atlanta to surprise Herb. I miss him so much.

I was on the way to school.

*Outfit in mm*

I be riding the wheels off the car Caden bought me.

Speaking of..... I haven't spoken to him in about a week. He calls and I just ignore him.

I was thinking about what Cadence said and I would never want my bestfriend to feel like I don't love her no more.

"You ready?" I asked as she got in.

"Yep let's stop at Starbucks."

I nodded and drove there. Her phone started ringing. She rolled her eyes and declined.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Caden."

"Oh why you ignoring him?" I asked her. "Cause he just nerve wracking honestly. Then he fucked Jalia."

"Yo other friend?" I asked her.

"Yep. That's the person I was talm bout that fucked him and now I don't even exist to her anymore."

"Fuck that hoe. I never liked that uppity bitch any damn way." I said.

She laughed.

I pulled up at the drive through.

"Hey welcome to Starbucks what can I get for you ma'am?"

"Yes let me get a Strawberry splash and.." "What you getting?" I asked her. "A caramel latte with extra caramel and whip cream."

"Can I also have a caramel latte, extra caramel, and whip cream?"

"Yes ma'am pull around for me."
______________
We was in first period and I was dozing off as always.

"Ms Peters?" "Yes?"

"Can I get Zoya Fletcher for a moment?" "Yes ma'am sending her down now." I got up and went to the office.

I walked into the office.

"You have a new shadow." "Okay where is she?" "She's a he."

"Okay what grade and where is HE?"

"He's a senior and he stepped out. He's coming from a very high up school so we need this to be a great experience."

"I gotcha. I'll be in the hallway."

I walked out the office and stood in the hallway on my phone.

Few minutes later I felt arms wrap around me.

I jumped pulling away.

I turned around. "Caden what the fuck?" I asked. "Wassup baby."

"Why you here?"

"I'm ya shadow." "You transferred here?" "Ya ma made me."

I rolled my eyes.

"I guess." I walked in the office.

"I got him." I said.

I walked back to first period with him behind me.

"Why you been ignoring me?"

I kept walking.

I walked into my class. "Ms. Peters this is Caden my shadow for the week."

"Nice to meet you Caden." She said.

"The pleasures all mines." He said smiling. Girls was already drooling over him. I sat back in my seat with my head phones in.

"Here's a work sheet on what we learned yesterday. Is due when the bell sounds." I put my head down.