Intro 🤦🏽‍♀️

"Zoya is that you?" I heard my dad ask. "Yes Sir." "What you doing coming in so late?"

"I was at Cadence house."

"Mhm get in here." I went to his room. "Sir?" "What do you have on?" "Clothes."

"You out there being a hoe?"

"No sir I'm sorry I'll change clothes." "Zoya I'm selling the house." "Why?" "Your mother is gone and so is your brother there's no point in staying here anymore."

"Where are we going then?"

"I'm moving to a trailer park." "A trailer park?" "Yeah it's been my dream." "Da I'm not moving to a trailer park?"

"Oh I know honey your room is already packed up your aunt is on the way."

"What aunt?"

"My sister she lives in North Carolina." "Sister? You tryna send me with someone I don't even know what the fuck?"

"Watch yo mouth?"

"The fuck you gone do? Hit me like you used to do my mama?" "I've never hit yo mama."

"Stop lying I heard her screams and seen the black eyes just because she ain't say shit doesn't mean she hid it."

He had this angry expression on his face.

I just walked back out the door and started walking to Cadence house. She brung me home cause she live in the white people neighborhood while I stay in the ghetto.

It was cold as hell but at this point I don't care. I put my headphones in and got to it.

Cadence P.O.V
"Clean the whole kitchen so I can cook your brother's on the way."

"He ain't nobody special." "You ain't seen your brother in about 10 years Cadence." "Again he still ain't special."

"Cadence make me beat yo ass ever since you been hanging around that ghetto lil girl yeen been yo self." "Mama who you talking about we been knowing Zoya since we was babies."

"Well she's changed and it's making you change and I don't like --"

*Dingdong* "saved by the bell."

I opened the door to see my best friend shivering. "Bestie I know you did not walk."

"Yeah can I come in?"

"Yeah sure." She came in and all eyes was on her. "Zoya where is your father?" My dad asked. "Where is your clothes?" My mama said.

"My dad is trying to send me across the state with my aunt and I'm sorry Ms. Brown I just left I didn't bring anything."

"Cadence go get her some pajamas to put on." My dad said. He loves Zoya like a daughter but I can't say the same for my mother. "She needs to go back home." She tried to mumble.

"Come on Zoya." She followed me up the stairs. "What happened?"

"Nothing I just left." I shook my head.

"Okay you remember my twin Caden?" She nodded. "He's coming home tonight."

Zoya p.o.v
"I remember I used to like him when we was younger." I said laughing.

"Yeah that was weird then and it's weird now. Promise me you want talk, flirt, or nothing with him." "I promise."

I held up my pinky and we pinky promised.

"So you gone be staying here with me or you can get yo own room?"

"Own room." "Why?" "Cause best friend I love you but what about when I want some dick?" She started laughing.