Chapter 22

After the reveal I went to Tae's house.

I laid in bed rubbing my stomach. I couldn't believe Caden did that.

Herb stepped up majorly knowing this wasn't his child yet he came through for me. "Hey pretty girl." Tae said sitting beside me.

"Hey."

"Look I know you done heard all day today fuck him you good without him so I'm not gone tell you that same bullshit although it's true but baby look at me.

Where's yo daddy?"

"Tae you can't add my dad into this it's not the same." "How not?" "My dad didn't up and leave me knowing I existed."

"So why he not here not Zoya?"

"After my mama died and my brother he lost himself. All he knew was the bottle.

He tried but once I became my own woman I pushed him away more. I was the one taking care of him when he came home drunk but I stopped."

"That's not yo fault Zoya that he did the things he did. You tried Zo you did more than what he tried to do for himself.

He abandoned you Zoya found him a new woman with kids.

You have every right to be mad.

But look at you now Zoya.

You yo own woman with your own business. You've made your mother prouder in these last weeks then you have your whole life.

You became the woman she prayed for you to become do you hear me?

You don't owe anybody anything.

Somebody wanna talk to you."

"Who?" "Come in!!" He said. Caden's mother walked in. "Hey baby."

"Why you here?"

"To apologize."

"You just doing it so you can be in my baby's life." I said. "Nah this is genuine. If you allowed me to be there I would love that but if you don't i still want you to know how sorry I am."

I looked at her.

"I hear ya."

"What Caden did was wrong baby. No one deserves that but you can't be surprised Zoya.

You the only reason that boy found his first child Zoya. He wasn't there for the first what would make you think he'll be here for the second ?

He told you he loved you didn't it ?

That he don't wanna be with the other girl and she just up and left with Destiny.

He said he been lost with out you right?"

I nodded.

"That's bullshit baby girl in you so blind in love you don't even see it.

That man doesn't love nobody but himself."

"Why didn't you tell Caden about his real father?" She sighed and sat on the bed. "Same reason your mother didn't tell you about yours."

"What?"

She sighed.

"The reason that man pushed you out like he did was because you wasn't his.

He found out after your mother died.

That's what made him so crazy."

"Your lying." "I wish I was." "Who's my real dad?" She looked at me.