Chapter 4.

I tried to calm down as I cleaned my wound and replaced the bandages with some gauze I found in the bathroom cabinet. But the more I tried to be rational the more nothing made sense. I started hyperventilating and having clear signs of a panic attack. So I followed my own advice - for once- and decided to take a walk to clear my mind. 

I walked out the door not even noticing I didn't have shoes on. I followed the hall my room was in, it led to a sitting area, I saw countless other halls until I finally found the grand stairs. My pain was nowhere to be seen and my body was on overdrive. I knew I needed to get out or this house would crush me. I had no idea where I was or if anyone saw me, I didn't care, I just ran down the stairs and out of the main entrance. 

I didn't feel any pain anymore, not from my wounds or my naked feet. I just walked. The house seemed to be located in a clearing and there were other houses surrounding it. All of the houses were extremely big and beautiful perfectly blending with their environment. Most were fancy big chalets and had similar infrastructure. All but the mansion I just exited. I realized now what it was. It was gigantic, almost as tall as a building but broader and prettier. I stopped focusing on it and started walking in the opposite direction.

I had no idea where I was going, which I admit, wasn't very smart. But there were too many thoughts racing through my head. A bite? All of the wounds on my body looked like they were made by a wild animal. But how can a wild animal undress a person? And why would it? I knew the answer to that, difficult as it was to accept it. I was raped and left for dead, probably drugged as well. The wild animals saw easy prey and took advantage of the situation. This was the only logical conclusion, even though some bits still didn't make any sense. I had treated rape victims before, I had seen all the repercussions of this act, the pain, and suffering that lasts for years. Then my amnesia was a defense mechanism my brain employed as it was unable to deal with this at the moment. I had dissociative amnesia. And even though I knew all of this, I didn't know how it made me feel. So I kept walking.

 I kept walking and walking until my legs gave out. I didn't know how to react. Everything was happening all at once. I placed my hand on a tree for support. But the pain hit me out of nowhere like my wounds were on fire. The world started spinning and when I came to, I was in his arms.

____

First I heard someone breathing. Then, as I noticed the strong and steady grip this person had on me I opened my eyes. I was being carried. 

"Finally," a deep voice said, I turned to look at him with surprise. My head was laying on his shoulder. The world was still spinning. Was this a dream?

"Who are you?" I sheepishly said.

"A guy that's stuck with you" His grip on me was strong, I could feel his arms around my back and legs. They were robust. Even his neck seemed muscular.

"Who are you?" I asked again, slightly irritated this man I had never seen before was being so rude. What did he mean stuck with me? It's not like I can see his face but from his voice alone I'm pretty sure I had never met this man before.

"Why do you care?" he said rudely and I officially had enough of him.

"What is wrong with you? Put me down, please," I said annoyed.

He said nothing as he kept walking.

"I said put me down please," I repeated myself, convinced he must not have heard me.

He sighed "I heard you the first time," I separated my head from his shoulder so I could take a look at his face. "I just chose to ignore you."

I started squirming and that must have been the last straw for him because he simply dropped me to the floor. "Ow!" I said, my legs were still sore from the attack and now my ass was killing me. "What the hell--"