Chapter 33

H a r l a n

"Bullshit" Blaze said, "Why would you need us to kill you? This is weird, she is planning something" She muttered to Callum who just stared at her heartbroken.

Harlan just scanned her, analyzing the situation. Casually placing himself in front of Diana who looked amazed and puzzled.

"What do you mean Violette?" Calum said, worry in his eyes.

"I can't take this anymore" she refused to look at him "If I run he will hunt me for the rest of eternity if I do not die and he catches me, he will torture me forever." Her eyes grew colder and colder "It's my only chance to be free."

"So instead you want that person to hunt us down for killing you?" Blaze asked.

"Blaze shut up for once in your life" Callum retorted.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you in love with her?" Blaze seemed outraged, more than he should have, but Callum snorted.

"You know I don't swing that way" he started walking towards her "I do love her, just not like that," he said as he took her hand and squeezed it.

"If you trust her so do I," Selene said kindly "Why don't you come to our house, we can talk there" Damien threw her a look and so did Blaze. "Would both of you stop being so overprotective I--" Harlan couldn't say he didn't understand why his brother was being so anal about her safety. And honestly, he knew that if his mate were pregnant, he would be exactly the same.

Now that he thought about it, as soon as he heard the news he felt nothing but happiness for his brother and his friend. He guessed the baby had changed how he felt toward Selene, but he had an inkling it had more to do with Diana.

But he was still going to be careful about the vampire.

"Wait, before we can risk associating with her we must know who will be after us." Harlan interfered.

"My father," she said moving her hair back. A cross around her neck caught Harlan's attention, it was somewhat significant and had a red ruby in the center and a bigger one dripping from it. Like it was a crucifix dripping with blood. It was emanating the same dark energy she was. "The Vampire King."

"The vampires have a king?" Diana whispered to Harlan, and as he was about to answer Blaze spoke once again.

"Oh hell no," Blaze said and Damien looked inclined to say the same thing "You want us to go against the oldest and most powerful vampire in history for some information we don't know is true?"

"Without what I know you will all die, hear me out first, then decide if you want to help me or not."

____

After Selene invited Violette in, they all sat around Damien's office, waiting for her to talk.

"Would you like some tea?"  Selene asked with a kind smile, breaking the awkward silence.

"I would love some, thank you," the vampire said as she removed her cloak. Blaze stared at her with hatred and so did Elowen. Arden didn't seem bothered by having a vampire in front of her. She was her usual shy self.

Selene asked Melody for some tea and the omega disappeared into the kitchen.

"Start talking" Harlan demanded, earning himself a look from Callum.

"What would you like to hear first?" she asked, unfazed by everyone's eyes on her.

"Maybe start from the beginning" Callum suggested.