Chapter 26

Even with my considerably fast wolf-healing, it took a week for Callum to let me return to the room where I had been staying in before. I suspect it was because we were having a good time talking and theorizing, but he would never admit it. He said it was because I needed to heal.

I hadn't seen or heard of Harlan since that night and when I asked Callum about it he said "Harlan left the pack house and hasn't come back, none of us know why, it is extremely like him." This only made me worry more. 

Selene had visited me as well and when I asked her she said "He does this sometimes, he often feels overwhelmed and needs some time for himself. He'll come back, he just needs space"

So I decided I would give it to him, the time that he needed. 

____

"Thank you for letting me stay here, Selene," I said as she escorted me back to the room I was using, the one that was close to hers.

"This is and will be your home for as long as you need it," she said calmly "You can redecorate it as well, it is yours." She then pointed to a few boxes that now decorated the corners "We managed to rescue your things from the crash, a few things are broken but we figured you'd still want them."

"Thank you," I said sincerely as I beheld the boxes, not wanting to open them at all for some reason. Instead, I found myself asking "Can you give me a tour of the place?"

"A tour of the community or the packhouse? Yes to both!" she said excitedly.

"I want to know the others, do my part, I guess." She looked even happier at that.

"Of course! But first, you need to change, those clothes won't do" I looked at what she was wearing. It was a flowy pink sundress that made her curvy body look fantastic. I, on the other hand, was wearing a sleeping gown.

"What should I wear?" I asked.

"Anything, just not that, it's pretty see-through" she whispered "Normally, it wouldn't matter, but some males can be a bit aggressive, mating season being around the corner and all."

"Is mating season what I think it is?"

"If you think it is about a bunch of horny werewolves trying to hump each other so they can find their mate/procreate, then yes," Damien said as he leaned against the door frame.

"Damien!" Selene looked away embarrassed and Damien only smirked. 

"You are just too cute," he said as he stepped into the room and hugged her from behind "I love it when you get so flustered" he whispered in her ear, but I heard it clearly. Selene only got progressively redder.

A particular scent tickled my senses, something I had never smelled before but still somehow knew what it was. Arousal. 

Selene cleared her throat and tried to calm herself as she said "You shouldn't eavesdrop Damien" she nagged.

"I know," he mused "what are you going to do about it?" Selene cleared her throat again as she tried to still herself. Damien only smiled mischievously. 

"I said I would..." she stopped, not being able to think clearly "give Diana a tour--"

"Fine," he said kissing her cheek sweetly "Cockblock" he said to me before exiting the room with a smile so bright it could outshine the sun.