Chapter 1: Slime

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me! 

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: AgentT123

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru pov: 

'Hey! That quirk is one hundred percent broken!'

What do you mean you don't know who I am talking about? There is a massive flaming man chasing me! That fire is actually hotter than mine! If it weren't for Fire Manipulation and Great Sage I'd be toast right now. How did I end up here?

Alright, well gonna have to go back a bit for that.

...

Finally, it took almost three days to get here, but we were finally on the outskirts of the Mongolian Mountains. Why exactly is Mongolia a mountain range on this version of earth? I am not really sure, but it seems like some catastrophic event made it this way.

My name is Rimuru Tempest, previously Satoru Mikami, back on my old earth. Not too long ago I was reincarnated after being stabbed, I met a dragon in a sealed cave and now am trying to free him. He is inside my stomach. What does that mean? Well, I am a slime, so my stomach is like its own isolated space.

Not long after storing Veldora there in an attempt to free him I met a tribe of goblins, and saved them from Dire Wolves, that brings us to today.

The goblins aren't good at building or making tools, so I am coming here, to Mongolia, the only Kingdom they know of which is accepting of monsters. Lead by Dwarfs, a quirk lineage of them, whatever that means. Monsters like me don't have them apparently so I don't really know what that means yet.

Dwargon is the name of the kingdom, kinda unoriginal I think.

I have taken one of the goblins with me and am at a kind of border checkpoint to enter the kingdom, it seems to be nestled between massive mountains in a mostly enclosed network of caves and canyons, so I guess they don't get much light.

The border checkpoint is built into a massive cave entrance.

Waiting in line really is a drag, it seems like most of the people waiting here are in costumes, since it is the forest entrance I guess they are adventurers or something, they all look like off brand super heroes though.

"Hey look, a couple of monsters. Why don't you get outta here? You really don't belong here with humans." Really it doesn't matter that much if they are berating us, but what does matter is when the fighter at the front of that little band pulled a sword and aimed it at my goblin, and myself.

"Hey, back off." I try to tell him off but I guess that may have been the wrong thing to do.

"Woah! A talkin slime, that has got to be worth a ton!" Another member of the little group pointed out and it seemed they all prepared for a fight.

And after a few more words, I decided to transform to scare them off. I turned into a Tempest Star wolf and stared them down, they proceeded to shoot a bunch of useless attacks at me anyway, most of which just bounced off.

So, I activated Menace, and howled to scare them off. What I wasn't expecting was for that to turned into a big problem, as the guards came and took us away for causing problems like this.

...

Soon I was sittin in a little cell with the goblin, waiting for someone to come review the case.

"So, slime. It seems like your story of simply defending yourself peacefully checks out with witnesses. We can't free you just yet though." It was disappointing but I couldn't really argue back. 

"Hey, can you answer a question I got though? Why were they all wearing costumes out there?" 

"Huh? Oh, they were heroes, people who are licensed to fight villains and monsters. Lots of heroes come back and forth through that border cause they are trying to get stuff from the Russian Wilds." The dwarf explained for me, and it honestly made a lot more sense that way. 

"Heroes hu-" 

"Kaido! There has been an armorsaurus attack in the mines!" It seemed one of the guards was in a hurry. 

"My brother's workers are in there, we gotta get the guard ready, go now. Call any heroes you can to the scene. Is Endeavor available? I know he was on a mission about something but he'd be a massive help." Kaido responded frantically. 

"I don't know, how do we deal with injuries though?" 

"We don't have that many healing potions on stock, we'll need to throw anything together that we can." Kaido caught my attention with that. 

"You need potions you say? I think I can assist with that." I create a barrel and fill it with the full potion serum I had created back in the sealed cave with Veldora. "I believe this will suffice." 

"H-how did you get that in here?! It doesn't matter, thank you. If this works I'll free you as soon as I get back." He capped the barrel and ran off with it, it didn't take long for them to be gone. 

...

"Slime! Thank you, we needed those potions more than we knew. My brother's workers, my friends. They were severely injured. I can't describe how thankful I am." Kaido opened up the cell immediately on returning and bowed. 

"Its no problem, they needed help! My name is Rimuru by the way, hehehe." I was glad things had worked out, and he was as polite as possible about the whole thing at the border so I couldn't be mad at him. 

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Kaido asked earnestly. 

"I need help finding craftsmen for my village, could you introduce me to any?" 

"Craftsmen huh? I don't really know if anyone does that kinda stuff anymore, but my brother makes gadgets, and is an inventor of some kind. His associates are the closest to what you are after." Kaido pressed his finger together a bit, "I could take you to his workshop now, however he may be busy." 

"Thank you!" 

...

"Hey, Kaijin, You 'ere?" I could tell someone was here at least, I didn't know if it was his brother though. 

 A banging sound reverberated throughout the weird room we had entered, it seemed sorta like a warehouse with racks and racks of weird tools and what looked like gadgets of various kinds, I had Great Sage start analysis a fun of them. 

"Kaido, I said I'd be busy earlier, what do you need? Did you bring that person my workers said brought the healing potions for you? They were way more potent that stuff we have had in the past you know? If you could get them to sell me the recipe I could absolutely use that for some support gear." The barrage of words seemed sorta out of place coming outta the bearded man/. 

"Here they are, Their name is Rimuru Tempest as I've learned." Kaido introduced me before steppin out of the way. 

"Oh? A slime eh? I expect it isn't normal if you call them, they." To add to his weirdness he did accept me right away. 

"Hello! My name is Rimuru, as your brother said. Do you know any one who could build shelter and make supplies for my village?" I immediately got to the point. 

"Ah, sure. I know a few, but I am busy as the moment. I'll help you as soon as I can. I gotta make a bunch of these." He showed off a little wristband which seemed to have a cannister attached to it, and a little paddle you could press. 

"What does it do?" 

"It's a web shooter, the foreign minister ordered em to give out to some local heroes. Twenty of the things and I only got a week. That man has a hatred of me something fierce." I could tell his mood glowered. 

"What do you need to complete them? Perhaps I could help? I do see that it has some components made of magisteel.." 

"Oh? Fine eye, yes. The cannister creating the webbing fluid is make of magisteel and inscribed with the runes to create the fluid, meaning as long as the hero has mana, they can use it." He explained proudly. 

"Woah! That is really cool!" I couldn't help but get excited at the interesting use of magic myself.