Chapter 29: Time Off

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Liminous exists

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: Moi

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru's POV

Right when I thought Hinata was going to die right in front of my eyes, she was brought right back to life.

The cause? Luminous Valentine. The demon lord was standing right in front of me, and was visibly angry.

Luckily, she wasn't angry at me, she was angry at the sages who had tried to kill me and Hinata. She proceeded to kill them without a second thought, she hadn't even let them get out another word.

It was honestly very refreshing as a sight, however morbid that may sound.

Finally being rid of the largest threat present, I may finally be able to reason with either Hinata or Luminous. It was at least slightly unclear to me what their relationship was, even at this point.

However, considering my fellow demon lord just revived Hinata from the dead, I had a feeling Hinata was most likely her subordinate, or at least a close friend of some kind.

"Take me somewhere nice, and private, slime. I expect to talk." The vampire queen didn't even wait a few moments before ordering me around.

So, I just had to sigh, and listen. "Sure, Luminous."

________________________________________________________________________________

Luminous POV

To say the Slime's city was acceptable would be an understatement, considering the time it has existed, however it was the word I used when getting to spend time walking along the streets.

He had created some kind of railcar powered by magic, using electrical engines that looked like those that they used in the past. It was somewhat annoying because I was aware that at least some of those designs appeared to be from Dwargon, and possibly from my own empire's military research. I do not believe it is necessary to explain why such a thing would be incredibly irritating.

The streets were clean, that was an advantage. There wasn't nearly as much dust piled around from sandstorms either, so there was no need for street sweepers.

That meant that there were no cars though, and it was necessary to walk among the commoners.

If there was anything that was truly irritating, it was that. It seemed the slime had a chip on its shoulder against individual transportation, and instead insisted on public transport where transportation existed at all, and the density for walkability wasn't present.

It was something I'd expected to see from some annoying human civil engineer, not a slime.

Still, the slime insisted on it, and that meant walking for ten whole minutes. The gall.

The other time was spent in a private cabin on one of the railcars, it seemed they were made to have little cabins for groups, or people who decided to sit together, with doors and windows to see into the hall.

They moved at least twice the speed of someone walking, but had to make sure to make the street passable for walkers, as the slime explained. I had to wonder what else he planned, as with a city of this size, a subway loop may be necessary in due time, as well as a rail yard if he planned to import much of anything.

At least with his current insistence, it may be more profitable to create a highway for trucks, as those can be taxed more and will wear their infrastructure, allowing a recurring tax on the commoners to be easily justified.