Chapter 9: Nook's Day Out

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Yooooooooo! Nook Chapter. 

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: RandomNon3859 and AgentT123

________________________________________________________________________________

AfO's pov:

I sighed, audibly. "You are telling me, a.. Slime? Was capable of creating a magical weapon capable of killing Charybdis?" I clasped my hands together for emphasis. 'This is completely absurd.'

The week had been a bundle of sucker punches to all logic. It all started with Charybdis' revival. That monster wasn't supposed to awaken for decades.

Razen spoke on his side of the call. "I have no idea, but it must be the work of a Demon Lord. Why revive it in the first place? It wound up dead anyway, unless the one who killed it was another Demon Lord." His face had eyebags already. This event had both me and him stressed out, and with reason.

"More absurd things have occurred." The third man in the call speaks for the first time. His voice is quiet but stern.

The man is a business associate of mine, someone I've worked with a lot for my deals within the Eastern Empire. Though I don't recall ever seeing his face.

Razen spoke up once again. "Well, what will we do? Whether this slime actually killed Charybdis or not, it's created a city right in the middle of Russia, and it's quickly rising in the economic department. Farmus will likely lose its power as the center for trading."

Trying to think of a solution, I asked the mage: "Do you think your kingdom can take them?"

He goes deep into thought as shown by his facial expression. He was the only one with his face on display in the call.

After a brief moment and a sigh, he answered. "We'd need careful preparation, and even then we couldn't hope to overcome that slime if it did beat that beast."

"I have a solution for that issue. You need not worry about the slime." My associate once again spoke, monotone as ever.

Razen and I released a breath out of relief, though it wasn't the best news for me. It was the height of folly to target both that slime and the Grandmaster at the same time. 'Still, if we got to crush their nation while its leader is gone, that would be a great victory by itself.'

________________________________________________________________________________

Chizome's pov:

Jumping from one building to another, I stopped.

Tokyo tower drew my attention.

I glanced at its base to check for any of my targets, 'they will likely be signing autographs..'

A gray uniform stood out, a UA uniform. A student like that shouldn't be out right now, especially not a hero student as their tag color indicated. 'A foolish fake hero in training.. Skipping classes and all the way in another city?'

There was a hero I picked out next to the girl, a hero I believed was related to Night Eye. 'All Might's ex-side kick? Maybe that is why the student is out?. I'll investigate.'

________________________________________________________________________________

Kaoruko's pov:

While on patrol I spotted a blonde girl in a gray uniform.

'Huh? A UA student?' I approached the girl, pushing my way through the crowd.

She appeared to be weaving through it quickly before coming to a stop in front of a bench, She leaned against it and glanced at me. "Bubble Girl?"

'H-huh?!' I sputtered for just a moment before glancing back up, "Yes, Young miss. I am Bubble Girl. What are you doing outside of school? And in another city?.."

She flexed her wings a bit, "I am in town because a friend is sick, so I needed to come help him." She smiled sweetly.

"A-ah! I see. There is nothing wrong with that, but you should conduct your business quickly." I felt a little unnerved staring at her. 'Intimidating..' I took a deep breath, "What is your name? The color of your badge tells me you are a hero student."