Chapter 34: Blood-Shot

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

Blank stares

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: 2/3 Me, 1/3 Random

________________________________________________________________________________

Toga's POV

"Keep your feet at your shoulders' length, Spinner! And you too, Magne!" Carrion yelled at the two front-liners. "A solid stance is fighting 101! You should never forget that!"

The Beastmaster had taken over our training sessions ever since Milim got tired of trying to pummel fighting experience into us.

I tried to get him by surprise by using my sneak technique, but he grabbed me by the throat and threw me in front of him. "Your tricks don't work on a foe with Magic Sense. You have to be ready to face them head-on as well, Himiko Toga."

I let out a 'tsk' before steadying myself. If I couldn't hit him with stealth, I'd have to hit him with agility.

Spinner charged forward with his hunk of swords and swung the metal monstrosity at the former Demon Lord.

Carrion, however, just grabbed the pile and kicked the gecko away. "Say, why DO you walk around with this? It completely defeats the purpose of a sword."

(Seriously, why does he?)

I nudged at Compress. Despite his age, he was the second most agile in the group. "Sync with me."

I had given him a couple dozen knives for him to transform into marbles beforehand. I ran around Carrion and waited for someone else to make a move. I needed multiple distractions if I was to get close enough to land a stab.

Not that I was sure the knives would even get through his skin, but hey, what other option did I have?

I glanced at Mustard. He was growing impatient. After all, his whole skill set revolved around being outnumbered and surrounded. His quirk wasn't good to work in tandem with the rest of the team.

This meant he was reduced to a child with a gun. Not too threatening when our opponent was the Beastmaster.

Anyway, Magne glanced at me and must have caught on to me and Compress setting something up, because she calmly approached Carrion with her arms raised, as if she intended to brawl with him.

Carrion chuckled at her. "Are you sure you want to have a fist fight with me?"

She smiled. "Whatever you do to us can't hurt more than what Lady Milim did."

He laughed out loud. "Really? You think I'm gonna be softer on you just because you had a couple of bruises with her?" He started walking towards her. "Well, you're dead wrong."

To her credit, she managed to dodge a few punches before one landed on her shoulder, and she held her ground well against that one blow.

By that point, I was already running towards Carrion, and Compress threw out dozens of marbles which shifted into the knives we had shrunk beforehand.

Magne jumped out of the way of the attack once she saw her goal complete.

Carrion clearly noticed me, but looked on to the incoming flurry of knives, deflecting many of them with expertise.

The few that went past his frame were grabbed by me and thrown in many different ways to make sure he couldn't dodge or block them all. I had even accounted for his ability to fly.

Noticing the predicament he was in, he grinned. "You think this is enough to do me in?!"

I immediately knew what was coming, so I gritted my teeth and kept running.