Chapter 14: Brackets

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

We gift you the sweet release of finishing the sports festival in one extra long, triple magnum chapter. 

Huh? Wha-

I have been bonked for the joke by mu1622 , go read her fic too, btw. We may be working on something together in the future. 

-AgentT

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by:  RandomNon3859

________________________________________________________________________________

Izuku's POV

The most anticipated battle of the day was here. The crowds cheered as the two teens walked onto the arena covered in a magic barrier.

"Ohoho! This is sure to be one of the best fights this sports festival has to offer! The boy who made a declaration of war as his speech, Katsuki Bakugou! And the girl who took it head-on, Melanie Nook!" A strange voice announced through the speakers.

"The hearts of our listeners are pounding for this one!! ARE YOU READY?!!"

The crowd shouted an echoing "YEAH!!" that snuffed out anything

'Wasn't the commentator Aizawa-sensei? I could swear he-'

Aizawa walked into the ring himself. Midnight stepped back to let him take the microphone.

"The rules of the bouts are: You lose if you get out of the arena, end up immobilized, or you give up. To keep fighting after the battle is over results in a disqualification. The battle between Katsuki Bakugou and Melanie Nook begins..." He raised his arm up.

The two contestants were standing their ground, barely keeping themselves from ignoring Aizawa-sensei and fighting it out immediately. The stadium anxiously awaited for the moment the arm dropped.

And that it did. "Now!"

Kacchan immediately burst forward with consecutive explosions, while Nook walked forward with absolute confidence in her eyes.

Kacchan, as usual, started off with his right hook.

That immediately proved to be a mistake, as Nook ducked under it, spun counterclockwise, and landed a powerful left kick that sent Kacchan flying, threatening to get him off bounds.

He wasn't giving up that easily though. Kacchan blasted up to the point he was no longer in danger of falling out of the arena and got ready to engage again.

Nook 's smile was far more sadistic than I had ever seen before. As Kacchan approached, she started releasing her aura, which cracked the floor beneath her.

Kacchan didn't let that bother him. He started exploding the floor away, lifting up a cloud of dust.

A couple of seconds later, he's thrown out of the smokescreen he made, once again barely keeping himself inside the arena.

Nook walked menacingly towards her opponent.

"Is that all, bomber boy? I expected a lot more from Mr. 77 points. Then again, you couldn't even beat the record for the highest score."

That got Kacchan fired up. "I'll show you, dragon wings! I'll show you, and shitty Deku, and half n' half, and the whole world that I'm the best out there!"

"Then prove it." She pierced the arena with her bare right hand. Then, in a burst of strength, she lifts it up, sending a portion of the arena onto Kacchan. "Table flip!"