Chapter 4: A Mouse in A Cage

HEYO!

Go look at RandomNon3859's page, he co-authors this story with me!

This chapter is early, as we, are giving you several hours early for us being several days late. Aren't we great?!

Discord: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

This chapter was written by: AgentT123 and RandomNon3859 

________________________________________________________________________________

Nezu's pov:

I glanced up from the suffering of paperwork for a single moment, the hairs of my nose twitched in annoyance of a disturbance in the air.

When I met eyes with what caused it, I dropped the paper immediately and pressed a button under the desk as fast as I could. It erected a bubble around me, bullet proof glass bubble. 'I'll need to give Power Loader a raise for installing this..'

'Now to deal with the issue in front of me, or should I say, devil in front of me.' Green hair, red maid uniform, I can't sense an aura. There's only one monstrosity that comes to mind,

"Excuse me, I would like to discuss a deal put forth from my master, Lord Guy Crimson-sama."

The primordial green, Vert.

"That is certainly not unsettling, Miss Vert.-"

"I would prefer if you referred to me with my name, granted to me by my master, Mizari."

"Of course, Mizari-san.. What would be the occasion, if I may ask?" I could only hope to keep things as courtual as possible. Even with Toshinori in the building, I doubt even he could stand up to a Primordial.

"A student, Guy-sama wishes for you to take in, they are to be sponsored under Leon-sama's expense."

Though it was phrased as a request, I doubt it truly is. Regardless, I decided to press for it. "Under what authority would this student need to attend?"

"Under my own."

I shivered slightly, but attempted to ensure it wasn't notice-able. "Very well, I cannot refuse such a request. I assume all their papers are filed correctly? I can only do so much with the public safety commission."

"Of course," The demon stood, and walked directly to one of my filing cabinets. Directly to one holding all current applications for recommendation students. In the blink of an eye a folder was held, and placed on my desk. "they have already arrived, in fact."

"I see." Glancing down to the folder, a picture of a girl with straight blonde hair, and blue eyes caught my attention.

Melanie Nook

_________________________________________________________________________

Izuku pov:

"MY BOY! The most important part of using One For All is a physically fit body, but the second most important part is resistance to the mana stored within the quirk! Without these two things, you'd likely turn into a small irradiated prune, and then explode, after attempting to use the quirk." All Might's booming voice came down like a hammer on my hopes and dreams.

"But you said you'd give me your quirk, how could I possibly take your quirk! I have none of those things.." My mind immediately raced with all the self doubt on this side of town, even thought acceleration engaged to help me imagine more self doubt.

"No! Young Midoriya, I am telling you this to help you understand. You are not a suitable vessel, not in your current state. However, given the right time and training, you could become the perfect vessel!" All Might quickly assured.

"Is that why you brought my to this beach covered in trash?"

"Ah, yes. I have a plan for you, a plan for you to clean up this entire beach in the next 10 months. However, there are another few reasons. I hope for you to understand, that being a hero isn't all about those flashy entrances or taking down villains, being a true hero is about helping your community. Even in unseen ways, like this beach!" All Might explained the mindset behind cleaning up this beach, even if we could have just gone to a gym instead.

Though he continued, "One more thing though, I will release my Champion's Haki here at this beach, for you to be exposed to."

"Sir! That would be very dangerous! Releasing mana in public like this could seriously harm people! And for me you say? I don't know if this is wise.." I couldn't understand his reasoning in the slightest.

"Calm down, calm down. That is another reason we are on this beach, so we are far enough away from everyone else, that I can release a small portion of my aura. No one else will even know it is present, I will also keep it small enough so that you are not hurt any more than necessary." All Might's strategy started making sense in my mind.

"So you want me to develop a resistance to mana alongside becoming physically stronger? Won't the mana make me sick if the dose is too high?"

"YES! I will attempt to keep these doses small, until you have built up a resistance." He was speaking far too enthusiastically though, I don't know if he realized he was talking about poisoning me.

"I-I see! I'll follow this plan as well as I can!"

...

So, for those ten months, all I did was train. Even through events like the disappearance of Veldora, and the defeat of the Orc Lord. I didn't stop, through all the sickness and stress. I even kept up with my studies while doing all of it, everything just for UA.

As the days passed, I could feel myself getting stronger. Each dose of magicules felt lighter on my stomach, on my heart.

Finally, the last day came. The last day before the entrance exam, six o'clock in the morning, and I stood, screaming into the sunrise. As my vision faded out, and for a short moment, I felt as if I was falling.

...

As my eyes opened, I saw the massive smile of my idol, my hero. All Might, looking down on, me, proudly. "MY BOY! You've exceeded my expectations!"

I couldn't believe my ears, I was being praised by All Might. I did it, with all my effort. I really was the vessel for his quirk. 'Wait.. I don't have that.. That skill! I need Mana Resistance!'

'That.. I can't fail! I need it! I'd do anything..'

The sun glared in my eyes, while the world slowed, I could tell All Might was waiting for a response. I couldn't say a word.

'..anything..'

{Notice: will of individual, Midoriya Izuku, recognized. Would you like to proceed with acquisition of Magicule Resistance?}

{Y/N?}

'Yes!'

{Notice: Magicule capacity of individual, Midoriya Izuku, is insufficient for the acquiring of this skill. Substitution of soul energy will proceed.}

It was as if I was suddenly stabbed from every direction, pain wracked me. Not my body, something else, it was as if I was hurting all the way down to my deepest self.

{Notice: Acquisition of skill, Magicule Resistance, successful.}

I gasped out in a sudden feeling of lightness. "All Might.. I did it.. I did it.."

"That you did, My boy. This was you only ten months ago, and look at yourself now. You are ready to receive One For All."

"I.. It feels like I cheated somehow.." I paused. "You've gone so far for me.. All Might.."

"Who are you kidding kid, this was all you. Stop bein such a crybaby, it is time for your reward."

He continued after somewhat of an awkward pause. "You know what they say, there is a difference between something you got from luck, and something you won after busting your ass. Puff your chest out and be proud, this is a power you earned.

I smiled and did as he said.

"Now eat this!" He held out a piece of his hair, plucked straight from his head.

I immediately got confused and he rushed to explain his quirk was absorbed through DNA, that had to be ingested.

...

At the gates of UA, I couldn't contain my excitement. Though I was worried, the voice of the world hadn't yet told me I had received a quirk yet. The mixture made my stomach knot up, and as a result. I tripped immediately upon stepping inside the gate.

My gaze progressively fell, closer and closer to the ground, til I suddenly stopped. As if gravity itself had stopped working.

My position was corrected as I felt someone lift me up and make me stand, and when I saw their face it was a girl with brown hair and puffy cheeks. "Sorry for using my quirk on you without asking, but you know what they say, it is bad luck to fall before a test, you know?"

"Huhu-uh, ha!"

"Well anyway, see you later, good luck!" She sped away.

'I talked to a girl!'

Another girl with blonde hair, and wings? Well she walked straight past me calmly while I was stuck standing there.

I tried to ignore it and ran to the auditorium for the presentation.

...

It was as I looked out over the city, thinking about how big it really was. I heard a voice.

{Notice: Acquiring Quirk, One For All. Successful}

'Woah! It-it actually happened? H-how do I use it?' I felt a shiver run up my spine as I thought about it. One issue came to mind though as I looked to the other examinees. 'That aura the quirk will release.. Would it really be safe to use it with all of them here before I can control it?'

I saw the girl with brown hair again.

'Perhaps not..'

I felt a hand on my shoulder, then got a long lecture from a boy with blue hair about how I shouldn't obstruct other examinees.

He stopped when the doors to the city opened, though. Everyone was holding their breath.

"Hey, what are you waiting for? There are no countdowns in real life! Go! Run!" And we all got a surprise when we were just supposed to start already.

I looked around, but no one was around me anymore. Looking ahead I saw they had all started running, and I needed to get my legs moving to catch up.

'Ok, so the robots are worth points.. But I haven-'

My thoughts were cut off as a sharp cracking assaulted my ears, and I saw a massive metal claw shoot out right in front of me!

'That was close!'

I tried to prepare to fight, but the scorpion like robot was blasted to pieces by a white flash right as I saw its whole frame.

"Merci! Nice team play!" A blonde haired boy with an accent ran back past me after I saw the laser had come from him. His belly button I think.

'If I don't hurry up, there won't be any left for me! I need to get some points!'

{Notice: Will of individual, Midoriya Izuku, recognized. Would you like to acquire extra skill, Steel Strength?}

{Y/N}

'What?! Yes! Yes!'

{Notice: Acquiring extra skill, Steel Strength, successful.}

I felt a sudden surge of strength course through my body, alongside a sudden sore feeling. As if mana was in my body all the time now.

I couldn't worry about that though, I immediately started running, and found only a single one pointer left near the center of the mock city out of the corner of my eye. I tried to put all my strength into a blow against its' side.

To my surprise, my fist actually did pierce the metal of the robot. I saw the light on the robot's head turn off, and gripped my hand tightly.

The metal had badly scraped by hand and it felt as if my fingers may have been broken.

'I guess the strength without a resistance to the damage isn't really all that useful?'

I sighed and kept moving, only to stop in my tracks. As up from directly in front of me, I saw the street split apart, as a gargantuan metal behemoth broke its way through the surface.

I could hear screams and yells, as everyone ran away.

I even fell back my self, but. I heard something else.

"Augh! Someone help!" That brown haired girl, her leg was caught under some rubble.

'I can't.. I can't just leave her there! Everything All Might gave me would go to waste!'

So instead I ran, straight toward that metal behemoth bearing down on us.

I couldn't hold back, so I called upon it. Reaching down deep inside myself for the power held inside, inside One For All! Grabbing hold of it and pulling all of it into my legs! Jumping straight up to meet the zero pointer head on!

I felt the burning sensation as my legs were completely burnt to a crisp and frozen, and warped at weird angles, as all the mana inside my legs lost control only moments after I had used it.

"AHHHH!"

I didn't give up though, instead I channeled all the power into my fist as well, putting all that power into making sure that metal beast would not harm a single soul.

"Detroit Smash!!!"

I think the release of mana as I made contact with it knocked me out, as I don't remember anything after that.

...

"... Legs ... royed. I don't thn.... 'll be able to be a hero if he's like this."